Strugging Today...

Options
Hi All...
I find myself struggling today unlike anything I've experienced yet. It's PMS week, the sweet/satly cravings did me in, and damn those chocolate covered macadamian nuts all to hell. I haven't been able to exercise today due to illness, so all I've wanted to do it eat. I am feeling really badly about myself right now and don't want to undo all the work I've put in. Someone tell me I'm not doomed!

::hiding in the corner with a cookie::

Jerri

Replies

• mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Start by putting the cookie down. You already said in your post everything- its PMS week, these cravings are due to that. You ate poorly so you feel guilty so you want to eat more. You already took the first step in realizing you want to eat because you feel bad. I would suggest getting up and going for a short walk, but if this isn't feasible since you said you can't exercise due to an illness, then pick up a book, write down your feelings, do anything to keep you busy while you feel like you want to eat something. And remember, you can't change the past, only the future so try and make the next choice the best you can! Good luck!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Oh good...another persons cycle to add to the calendar. I'm running out of room here...
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Your not doomed. I have physical limitations and when I can't get moving I turn off the tv, turn on some peaceful music or sit in silence. I meditate on all the things I want to be... healthy, strong, happy, peaceful, joyful.... well you got the point. It doesn't have to be for long just a few moments will help chase away the doomed feeling. Close your eyes... try it right now..... There! Don't you feel better. Garbage in, garbage out.... positive in, positive out. You've got this, brush yourself off mentally and start with the next bite you take.

Sending you happy thoughts. Add me if you'd like.

I agree, write, write, write... Put ALL of your thoughts into a journal. Occasionally go back and look. You'll find you've grown and feel better.
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    put today behind you and try again tommorow, dont beat yourself up over things you have done already just make a pact that tommorow will be a better day :)
  • 1bubblybroad
    Options
    I agree- tomorrow is a new day. I ALWAYS struggle around PMS time (like now!), and the one thing I found is that if I let myself have something I really really want, I can enjoy it without guilt knowing tomorrow is a new day. Don't be to hard on yourself- every one needs to be able to have a meal off (or day off!!) from eating so well all the time!
  • jerridavis2
    Options
    ::wipes away tear::

Thank you all so very much! Yesterday was just a *hard* day. However, like many of you suggested, I did write what I was feeling and it helped me put it in a better perspective.

I never imagined hitting a wall like I did yesterday this early in the journey. I am just finishing my 3rd week. However, getting through it showed me that I don't have to let it defeat me!!

It means so much to know there are others that I can turn to on this journey. My DH, though supportive, doesn't quite understand my need to push myself and be better than I was yesterday. Clearly, there will be setback and challenges (i.e. yesterday). But what I am learning is that I don't have to completely sabotage myself or give up entirely just because I have a momentary lapse of will or just a bad effing day! LOL! That's where I've failed in the past, I've realized.

I wish all of you a wonderful day and look forward to hearing more about your journeys as well!

:heart:
    Jerri