Tracking eating times also?

Options
codycollie
codycollie Posts: 1 Member
I have used this app for several years and love the opportunity to track my nutrition and exercise. I am, however, the type of person who really needs the structure of detailing out what I am going to eat and sticking to a schedule. I have often thought it would be beneficial to me to be able to document WHEN I eat as well as what. Sometimes I like to plan my eating for the day in the morning and then stick to it throughout the day. Being able to include the time as well as the "what" would help. Does anyone else feel this way or would it just add complication?

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    I do find seeing my consumption times to be useful.

You can do this in a general way by renaming your meals. I have the six available meals named for four hour blocks, such as 4 AM to 8 AM.

If you have Premium, you can add precise times if you log in the app rather than on the website.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    If your meal times are consistent you can just rename your meals as already suggested. If not, you can add the times you eat in your notes down the bottom so you can refer back to that information. You could also add your hunger levels to that to determine how meal timing affects you satiety which would be helpful information.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal Premium allows you to turn on time stamping for meals entered through the app.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I saw a suggestion in another thread to add "Meal - Time" to your diary as a food and then set the serving quantity to the 24 hour format of the clock. Example:

thgxxr3dp5o7.png
    3a04ofggpgba.png
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Not sure if there's a limit on the number you can but you can set up your own 'meals' and call them whatever you like.

As long as it's possible to set up enough of them you could create 24 'meals' and name them '12am-1am', 1am-2am', 2am-3am'.......etc....... '11pm-12am') and log your food into the corresponding time slot.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    Not sure if there's a limit on the number you can but you can set up your own 'meals' and call them whatever you like.

As long as it's possible to set up enough of them you could create 24 'meals' and name them '12am-1am', 1am-2am', 2am-3am'.......etc....... '11pm-12am') and log your food into the corresponding time slot.
    The maximum number of meal slots currently available is six.