Craving late-night salt

Options
I know what's going on when I'm tired and craving sugar an hour after having a donut. But what's going on when my wife and I are watching TV at night, and we both start craving something salty?

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It could be your body wants salt. It's a mineral we all need but can't produce on our own.
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    be sure you are tracking your sodium, it is very hard to be eat less than 500mg per day which is the minimum,

I highly doubt you are NEEDING salt,

salt-sugar-and fat form a cruel and powerful addictive triangle,

get these three under control and dieting is even easy,

for now realize cravings are the body's withdrawal and like a drug junkie you need to suffer,

I promise you if you eat 500-100mg of sodium, no sugar, limit your fruit even and eat very low fat for even 3 days the cravings will calm,

go thru your favorite veg and protein foods and plan out a clean day, then DO IT,

this addiction adds to our uncontrolled appetites,

also distract yourself, take a long bath, watch a movie, and go to bed early,

overweight people are statistically sleep deprived
  • 512cheangela
    Options
    I munch on seaweed snacks -- 35 calories and not all that much sodium. Helps kill the craving.
  • nanababy9
    Options
    Whenever I am craving salt I just grab a handful of the small pretzels or just some plain tortilla chips. They usually have salt to quench the craving, but aren't huge calorie takers. Just a little can go a long way