Hello, please be gentle with me!

Options
Hello, I have been using My Fitness Pal for 2 weeks now but only just decided to go on the message boards. I'm 24, a school teacher, British and needing, wanting and wishing to lose around 100 pounds! Extremely daunting.

For the last 3 years i have had a severe bing eating problem which has got me into the mess i'm in now, I have just started having hypnotherapy and am proud to say that for the last 2.5 weeks i haven't binged at all!

My wedding is next year in June, so obviously my aim is to lose as much as possible before then. I'm fed up with fad diets and starving myself, so My Fitness Pal seems to be a good idea, and there's loads of positive success stories on here too.

If anyone has been in a similar situation as me, or would just like a buddy, then please add me as a friend!

Thank you for reading this incredibly long post. x

Replies

• s0l1tar1a
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm also 24 and trying to lose around 100 lbs before June of next year....feel free to add me! Again, welcome to MFP. You made a wise choice in joining! Good luck to you!
  • Treed79
    Treed79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. :happy:
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Trust me, I've seen bigger ;):laugh: but really, welcome to MFP. Generally the people here are very nice, but be warned now, there are some very...blunt people on the boards, and if you ask for an opinion, not everyone will sugar coat it, so try not to take anything too seriously. And take everyone's opinions with a grain of salt as well, since none of us are experts, obviously :laugh: feel free to add me as a friend, I still have 150 + before I reach my goal, so I understand how it can seem daunting at times.
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    Hi, well done on the 'no binging' it really makes a difference doesnt it.
    Good luck with everything - just break your 100 pounds down in to smaller goals, it wont be so daunting then, maybe dont make them all scale related, ie smaller clothes, longer exercise times etc.
    Feel free to add me as a friend, I am on every day:happy:
  • racerchick48
    racerchick48 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm working on losing 100+ lbs and I'm 23. Still struggle with some binge eating, but this site has really helped me realize that what I'm putting in my mouth has consequences, and become more aware of what foods are worse than others! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    welcome!! this site is a GREAT tool if you use it and stick with it!! Good luck in your journey, and feel free to add me for more motivation.... Next yr is JUST right around the corner..... YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • kristiniki
    Options
    Well I have my 10 year high school reunion in June, so that is my end goal date as well! I'm looking to lose about 40 pounds but according to my "suggested weight" I have more like 60-80 pounds to lose. I honestly don't see myself EVER being 115. Even 150 sounds unattainable right now. But lets give it a shot, together!!!! Add me :) Lets get it done! :) And congratulations on your engagement!
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My longterm goal is 100 pounds to. I have also suffered the horrors of binge eating.

For me it was more like, "okay, if I eat that entire bag of fun size candy bars, they won't taunt me anymore." I would eat them, not even thinking about the taste and then feel guilty....and guess what...there was always something that I had that need to be ate right of way so it wouldn't tempt me.

What I've realized though, is that there is so many reasons we binge eat. Mine was a cycle. No sleep + sedentary lifestyle + stress, stress and more stress = binge eating and craving of bad food. But then I never slept, so I had no energy to work out.

I'm trying to learn what my triggers are. If I get a great nights rest, I have energy to work out, and if I work out, I don't want to waste those calories burned with binging. I still have a ways to go with my food choices (i.e., ice cream) but I'd for sure suggest learning your triggers and I"m not sure hypnotherapy will focus on that...but hey...anything to gain control right?! I pray a lot for God to help me fight that voice that says I am too tired to work out and I need that candy bar...

Good luck!!!!!!!!!! You're on the right track. Feel free to add me!
  • soknurdy
    soknurdy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Don't let food win. (o:
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Congratulations on making a life change. When I started my weight loss journey I had about 100 lbs to lose. I guess I took an easy way out and joined Jenny craig to help me lose 35 of those lbs and now I only do MFP. I have gained a bit while I got accustomed to the freedom of choice I have now, but I am proud to say I have gotten a handle on this now and I am seeing the scale move in the right direction.

Feel free to add me if you would like and enjoy this journey. I have come to accept the bad with the good. Good luck :)
  • suzieb1971
    suzieb1971 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    hi there. you've come to the right place i think. there is loads of support and help here. ive only been here about a week myself, but im already loving it!
    you can do it, just focus on what you really want, and how much better you will feel, because you will feel amazing once your journey starts showing results. take it steady, dont focus on the end result, just give yourself small targets, and just keep doing that. celebrate every pound gone, and every session of exercise that you complete. find something you enjoy doing, even if that just starts off with walking. nothing wrong with that. just make sure you find something you can stick to, and that you WANT to keep doing. try a few different things, and try to do more than one.
    all it takes is focus and determination, and you will get where you want to be and be able to stay there! x
  • chedeco
    chedeco Posts: 109
    Options
    I'm 26 and a preschool teacher and have 75 lbs. to go before I hit my goal weight. I love weight-loss buddies, especially fellow teachers, so feel free to message me any old time! :flowerforyou: