HOW to eat when your stomach doesn't growl?

Options
I know this sounds like a stupid question. But, HOW do you eat when your stomach doesn't growl?
I have always, even when I was bone skinny before gaining weight due to PCOS, rarely eaten but one meal a day, if that, because my stomach never growls. Maybe one meal and two snacks (and when I mean snack, I mean like a babybel cheese or some grapes, etc.)

My gym thinks that my metabolism has slowed down after years of that, plus the hormones, plus the weight gain/age (I'm 45).

I don't even think about wanting to eat if my stomach doesn't growl...so I have no clue how to do anything to "kickstart" my system so to speak. When I do eat it's usually around 1-2:30 p.m.

Help! haha Thanks for reading this far.

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I've never associated my stomach growling with "time to eat." I eat at regular times (I'm boring, breakfast, lunch, and dinner), and tend to be ready to eat at those times (not starving). My stomach on occasion seems to growl when I'm hungry, at other times when I'm not hungry at all (as Jerome explains it's not actually based on a need to eat).

Anyway, "kickstarting" is not a thing and no need to eat breakfast if it doesn't appeal to you. Figure out the cals you should be eating and then decide when it would be most pleasant for you to eat them -- maybe lunch and dinner?