Options
Hello I started mfp about 6 days ago and so far I am loving it. It is the longest I have stuck to a diet in a while. I'm one of those who start a diet on Monday and end it on Tuesday. About a year ago I was doing really good with a plan and lost about 30 lbs. Since then I have had a baby and pretty much haven't tried to lose weight. My baby is now five months old, so it's time to get rid of this extra weight. I'm determined to do it this time and look forward to meeting some of you and hearing your stories. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    One thing you'll notice around here is that a lot of people refer to it as a lifestyle change. I think this is a more encouraging term, because the word diet just seems so...bleh. Diet implies you're going to stop eating that way at some point. If you wanna keep the weight off, you have to keep eating that way :) Just some advice, it might make easier to stay motivated.
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Sending you a request, good luck to you,
    you can do this, you did it before and now you have greater incentive to
    get healthy (your baby)! :heart:

This is a fabulous site, so many people willing to help uplift, encourage and
    support you on this sometimes difficult journey! I wish you much success
    in reaching all of your goals. Remember... A Journey of a thousand miles,
    begins with one step! You've got this!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kerri_Knight
    Kerri_Knight Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That's exactly what I want to do just change my eating and exercise habits for good. I'm tired of this diet and that diet I need something long term and life changing. Thanks for your reply!
  • Kerri_Knight
    Options
    Thanks! That's exactly what I want to do just change my eating and exercise habits for good. I'm tired of this diet and that diet I need something long term and life changing. Thanks for your reply!
  • Kerri_Knight
    Options
    Thank you so much! I think I'm lacking the support I need, so I know this will be the perfect place for me.
  • suzieb1971
    suzieb1971 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    yep, dont call it a diet, just decide to change your life for the better and give yourself the time and energy you deserve to feel great and love the way you look for life!
    i wont wish you luck. luck has nothing to do with it, it just takes determination and focus. you CAN do it, and if you really commit yourself, you WILL do it :)
    welcome, and have fun! xxx