Greetings and first post from Australia

Options
wombatdazzler
wombatdazzler Posts: 14 Member
I thought I would post up a few notes on my progress. I am posting now because I am 4kg (8.8pds) from my goal. And I feel after 15 months I am really happy and focused on how it is all going.

February 2018
112kg (246pds)
XXL shirt
110cm (44") waist

Just counting calories until around December 2018. Was using a different App at that time.

December 2018 I got an iWatch and changed to MFP so I could sync exercise. Started adding at least 30 minutes a day walking and closing my iWatch Activity rings :-)

May 2019
74Kg (162pds)
XS shirt
80cm (32") waist

Some things I have learnt

Buy a food scale and log your food.

I would add 30 minutes of exercise from the start (walking is my choice).

Set small goals to achieve. I did it in 10Kg lots.

Buy cheap clothes while loosing weight. I went through 6 sizes of clothes. And dropped a size in shoes.

Plateaus will happen. Mix it up, different food, different exercise. It will get you through the plateau. My longest plateau was about 6 weeks.

Weight will fluctuate. Do not become too fixated on the scales.

Blow outs will happen. I have had multiple days with birthdays, functions etc where I have gone way over. I just go with it. Life is far to short for me to worry constantly about this type of thing. Next meal get straight back to normal and walk an extra 30 minutes or so.

Do not give up, it will happen.

Cheers

WombatDazzler

Replies

• smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experiences, and congrats on your amazing achievement!
  • charlenekemp07
    charlenekemp07 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! Congrats. Where's the photos??
  • wombatdazzler
    wombatdazzler Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I did not take any before photos. So I dont have a comparison. Big mistake on my part :-(
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Well done 👏👏👏
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Great job and sound advice! Congratulations.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!