what is your favorite exercise?

Options
hey mfp's!

just wondering, what is your favorite way to burn calories? I dance, but sometimes get a little tired of only burning cals through that? and I live in florida where it is slightly too hot to run without having a heat stroke! hopefully I'll get some creative feedback! I really need to switch up/add to my workout routine!

thanks!
mary

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    dance, also exercise videos, running and defs weights!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    weights and "hip hop" dancing :)
  • RanayeG
    RanayeG Posts: 12
    Options
    I live in Kansas where it is also too hot to run without passing out from heat exhaustion. I swim atleast 3 or 4 times a week. There is a pool in my complex & it is something that I can do with my kids. One hr of swimming leasurely burn almost 500 calories.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Riding my horse. It doesn't even feel like working out because I never have to "make" myself do it.
  • jminette
    jminette Posts: 81
    Options
    Biking. :).
    and if I don't have access to an actual bike, I use the stationary bikes at the gym.
  • hmac76
    hmac76 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love to dance!!! I am going to the gym 6 days a week and working with a trainer 3 of the 6. I would love to incorporate dance into my workout routine, but I just don't know how to do it....
  • AlyAnt26
    AlyAnt26 Posts: 58
    Options
    Zumba, Piloxing (Kickbox-pilates fusion class), Turbo Jam, playing softball and WALKING :) - that's my normal rotation. If I can't make one of my classes, I am sure to take a walk, even if it's just a little guy! I play softball a couple nights a week too -- it's a nice change of pace!

How about early morning before the sun is blazing too badly? or when it's just gone down, usually cools a little bit? I live in Alabama, so I totally understand the heat - it's been a really rough summer!
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Walk Away the Pounds. Leslie Sansone is my hero :)
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    swimming, hands down - next would be bicycling - if dancing is 'exercise' then I like that but don't even consider it exercise. Walking - my top 4
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    Running.
  • ArleneAceves
    Options
    Zumba!!!!
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    I love Walk away the pounds, walking outside and Hill climbing on my treadmill. I am also doing 30 DS... I like it because I know I will see result but now crazy about sweating that hard LOL

The heat in OK is running 100 or above so I feel your pain on not doing much outside... Can't wait til fall!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,680 Member
    Options
    Squats.
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Zumba and next month I intend to challnge myself to the intermediate that incorporates weights. I also like any walking and walking with weights.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My favorite is hiking! We are fortunate to live in the beautiful desert Southwest, and I could hike every day and never get tired of it. Check out some of my hiking pics in my profile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/photos/view/8315966

:bigsmile:
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Biking and balloom dancing.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    swimming and pilates
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    SEX!!! :drinker:
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    LOL @ too hot, it's been over 100 for the entire month of August where I live :)

Running is my favorite by far. I used to be a dancer when I was young, but I want something much more intense now. Nothing like a good run, which I've only been doing since March 2010.