South Beach Diet Phas 1

Options
rea71
rea71 Posts: 30 Member
My daughter & I are starting phase 1 of the SBD. I've been on the plan before, I know it works. Having an extra support system by having a buddy in the house will be good. Does anyone have any advice for surging phase 1 with a teenager??

Replies

• lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Good luck! As you already know, this way of life is great and, in my opinion, very easy to stick to. I have been living this way for a few years now. The only exception, is that I never went beyond phase 1 as I never felt the need or desire to add foods. My only advice for you starting with a teenager is to make sure the meals are quite varied. Also, remind her that once she gets through the first few days (maybe a week) all her sugar cravings will dissipate. Not sure if you are aware but there is a SBD group that you may want to join.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    How old is your teenager? Maybe it is o.k. go very lightly on the teenager.
  • cindybakedababy
    cindybakedababy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    lucys1225 wrote: »
    Good luck! As you already know, this way of life is great and, in my opinion, very easy to stick to. I have been living this way for a few years now. The only exception, is that I never went beyond phase 1 as I never felt the need or desire to add foods. My only advice for you starting with a teenager is to make sure the meals are quite varied. Also, remind her that once she gets through the first few days (maybe a week) all her sugar cravings will dissipate. Not sure if you are aware but there is a SBD group that you may want to join.

I can't find the South Beach Diet Group. Can you post a link for me?
  • larajf
    larajf Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'd like to find a support group for South Beach as well. I love it but usually derail myself after a few days.
  • butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I, too, am doing south beach. However, I started out in phase 2. This is my third week and down 10 pounds. I agree with Lucy, variety is the way to success. I have lots of recipes if your interested. I did lots of preparation with recipes before I started. So I am able to keep a variety of foods. And I think being prepared is a key to success also. Always having veggies cut up, in the fridge, for when you're needing something quickly. A bowl of boiled eggs, for the same reason. Always take a snack with you when you leave the house, a few nuts in a Baggie, a piece of fruit , veggies w/ hummus, just incase you get a little something :) I would like to join the south beach forum if someone finds the link.

• rea71
    Options
    We started the SBD, but not having fruit is my downfall. So I am going to try it yet again, I lose a few pounds then I tend to get stuck. Esp when watermelon comes in season. I have a friend who is a nutritionists & trainer, she said to tweak it a bit fot SBD to be healthier. Thanks for all of the input.
  • rea71
    Options
    I am in a South Beach Support Group ( the original south Beach Diet)on Facebook. It has been a lifesaver, a few of the members also use MFP. I have tried numerous diets in the past, but it was just that a diet & it was not easily made for a life long fit. I have learned over the years, what might work for one person, simply may not be the best plan for myself.
  • LoganScottsMom
    LoganScottsMom Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just started back myself. I did it years ago. So I wanted to do it again.