Do you think P90X really works?

Options
Well I have to say , I started p90x today and it is a really good workout. I want to know ur opinion on it. .. . will it really work ?

If you have done p90x , what are the hardest days compared to what are the lighter days?

I think I am going to do P90X in the mornings, Tae Kwon Do and cardio at nights ... sound like a good plan?

Replies

• TheBull50
    Options
    Well I have to say , I started p90x today and it is a really good workout. I want to know ur opinion on it. .. . will it really work ?

If you have done p90x , what are the hardest days compared to what are the lighter days?

I think I am going to do P90X in the mornings, Tae Kwon Do and cardio at nights ... sound like a good plan?
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Simple answer. Yes. It works if you work it. Bring IT with your nutrition and pushing yourself in the workouts everyday and you can't help but get results. I'm sure jessmomof3 will be here to chime in shortly. She's an awesome example of what it can do for you.

M
  • gfr3228
    gfr3228 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bull congrats on the tremendous weight loss! I can't imagine the journey that you have already traveled.

I'm on day 44/45 in the program and I absolutely love it. You've obviously already seen many of the success stories since you've bought the program, it's not exactly something you buy on impulse without some research because it is a little pricey. If you're not utilizing the discussion boards, you really need to. You can access them for free and it's filled with many people some like yourself have just started and some have done numerous rounds like jess. I'm posting right now in a group that just started this past Monday, last I looked we had over 50 different posters already, and a few of us that are further along. It's a wealth in information and encouragement that you just won't find from others not doing the program.

In just my first 30 days, I could obvious see and feel the difference. I'd presently lost 9 lbs, 5% bf, and nearly 4 inches in the waist. I don't follow the diet guide truly but do eat lots of chicken and turkey. The results don't lie and the boards are full of people doing the same thing you and I are with great results.

Any other questions or comments, please post or you can reach me a gfr3228@yahoo.com if I can be of any more help.
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options

Just an FYI,

P90X has some pretty intense cardio days already, but if you think you are at that level, go ahead and do doubles. Just don't get hurt!

I'd say, if you're pushing yourself, there are no easy or "light" days. Each day is a challenge, and you should feel pretty spent at the end of each workout, although revitalized at the same time. That being said, I find that I don't burn as many calories on just shoulders and arms days, so I sometimes I do some cardio after I finish the strength sessions.

Finally, proper nutrition is *key* to seeing your results. You might feel stronger, but if you're still feeding your body crap, then you won't see those cuts or muscles that you've worked so hard to build.

Bring IT!
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Is Bring IT like a catch phrase form P90X or something...I keep seeing it in posts..
    Anyways, I believe that this system works great, but it requires a huge level of dedication and commitment of doing workouts that intense all the time. I think ANY exercise program that intense would work. =]
    I think you should def try it if you want. :smile:
  • TheBull50
    Options
    I would just like to thank everyone for all the help. I know there hopefully will be more responses just like the ones before and I thank everyone for those as well.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Yep, P90X really works! It's worked well for me and for my hubby! :bigsmile: And for a LOT of other people that I know and coach. It's awesome! :bigsmile: Let me know if you have any questions!
  • qatarsessions
    qatarsessions Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Just an FYI,

P90X has some pretty intense cardio days already, but if you think you are at that level, go ahead and do doubles. Just don't get hurt!

I'd say, if you're pushing yourself, there are no easy or "light" days. Each day is a challenge, and you should feel pretty spent at the end of each workout, although revitalized at the same time. That being said, I find that I don't burn as many calories on just shoulders and arms days, so I sometimes I do some cardio after I finish the strength sessions.

Finally, proper nutrition is *key* to seeing your results. You might feel stronger, but if you're still feeding your body crap, then you won't see those cuts or muscles that you've worked so hard to build.

Bring IT!

I"m a 130 lb 5'5" woman.
    It's true about the calories burned. I wore my HR monitor today which counts calories.
    I did my 45 min spin class and got 500 calories so I was already good and warmed up.

I did Arms & ShouldersX with 8lb weights so I was breathing hard but never pushed to my max. I did 30 minutes and didn't do the "Bonus Round". I got 200 calories.
    Then I did the 15min ABX and got another 50 calories.
    Don't count on big calorie burns on weight days. Cardio is a must.
  • qatarsessions
    qatarsessions Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would just like to thank everyone for all the help. I know there hopefully will be more responses just like the ones before and I thank everyone for those as well.
    70 lbs. I'm very impressed. Good for you.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I"m a 130 lb 5'5" woman.
    It's true about the calories burned. I wore my HR monitor today which counts calories.
    I did my 45 min spin class and got 500 calories so I was already good and warmed up.

I did Arms & ShouldersX with 8lb weights so I was breathing hard but never pushed to my max. I did 30 minutes and didn't do the "Bonus Round". I got 200 calories.
    Then I did the 15min ABX and got another 50 calories.
    Don't count on big calorie burns on weight days. Cardio is a must.
    [/quote]

That's what I've been waiting to hear. I really didn't want to give up my running days when we start (hopefully on Monday). Now I jus thope I have the energy to run after I've done it. Our plan is to do it before work (5:30 is reallying going to stink- but then it's done) and then after work if I feel up to it run 4-5 miles (3-4 times a week).
  • hotmommyjess
    Options
    It sure does!!!! Just BRING IT everyday as hard as you can and eat clean you will get results. I have been doing it faithfully for 130 days now and I have 3 young girls 5,2,1 yr and a deployed husband if I can do it anyone can. To date I have lost 30 lbs,37 inches,6% body fat and 2 pant sizes!!!! :bigsmile: and I didnt start out obese or anything just an average mama who is now a hot one. lol
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I've had P90X for about 18 months. Currently, I do a hybrid workout...that is, cardio and strength training at the gym and some P90X in the evening. The bottom line is: P90X (as well as other Beachbody workouts) give you the tools to succeed. No workout series will give you the desired results without a clean diet. P90X is the real deal. It's one of the few products on TV that actually lives up to it's claims.