Healthy Recipes for dinner?

Options
amandalynk
amandalynk Posts: 23 Member
My boyfriend is super picky but he wants to get healthy with me.. Any dinner recipes you recommend? He LOVES pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs and tacos. I am willing to try anything.

Replies

• phedre87
    phedre87 Posts: 10
    Options
    So I don't know if you'd consider this a healthy pizza recipe but I do and it is DELICIOUS! I use pizza dough from a local bread company that is refrigerated. (flour, salt, yeast). After it rises, stretch dough. Brush with olive oil (good quality) and 2 cloves finely chopped garlic. I then take a small amount of goat cheese crumbles and mash them up in small bowl with salt, pepper, and the juice of 1/2 a small lemon. I sort of just daub this on and smear it around a bit. Then I sprinkle grated mozzarella on about 4 oz. After this I throw on some cherry tomatoes (halved, tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper). Then I slice up a summer squash or zucchini thin and lay the slices on where there's room. Brush them with oil, pepper the pizza and a squeeze from the remaining lemon 1/2 over zucchini. Bake for about 22 minutes. Throw some arugula on it and bake another 3 minutes. So good with white wine. My boyfriend thought it was the best pizza he'd ever had and I didn't feel guilty about it since it was heavy on the veggies!
  • etacarinae25
    Options
    hi there

Get one of Jamie Oliver's cook books - they are fantastic and he makes pizza too. Nothing like the taste of real food! :happy: :happy: