Calories seem low?

I entered all my stats and it says just target is 1200 calories per day but that honestly just seems very low to me and unhealthy. Does anyone feel like their calories are calculated low?

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    it is based on the info you put in. if you are short, female and selected sendentary as well as a fast rate of loss (2lb/week) and have little to lose then you end up below 1200.

Remember MFP gives you calories to eat with no purposeful exercise.

What are your stats? current weight, goal weight, height and gender?
  • lyuro57
    lyuro57 Posts: 10 Member
    Female, 143, 5'1, goal weight 130. Workout 5 days a week for 45-60 mins.
  • Panini911
    with 13pds to go you should select a rate of loss of 0.5lbs and make sure to eat those exercise calories. both of these will get you up beyond 1200 calories a day. also consider what your actual activity level is (any idea how many steps you take in a day on average? beside the workouts?)

for the record, i am also 5'1. I started at 176 ish and am now around 115. I went down to a rate of loss of 0.5lb/week at around where you are. (my goal was also 130 but i sorta just kept going).

I eat 1400 and lose at around 0.5lb/week. a bit more on days i exercise but i'm not doing a ton at the moment.
  • lyuro57
    I get anywhere between 8-15k per day depending. And I never eat my exercise calories, so maybe that's why I'm always hangry? Some days with exercise calories I'll have 500-600 remaining and I never eat them, I thought I read somewhere not to. UGH.
  • lyuro57
    I chose sedentary which apparently is wrong lol. Ok, I'll choose active and I'll eat at least some of it exercise calories!
  • Panini911
    you can test lightly active and a portion of exercise calories to start and adjust based on how your rate of loss goes. but it shouldn't be over 1lb/week max, ideally a bit less.
  • lyuro57
    I had my goal to lose 2 lbs a week too, so maybe I need to change that also!
  • promisesstandin
    promisesstandin Posts: 150 Member
    please help with caloric intake on IF - intermittent fasting. usually take 2 meals at about 1,100-1,200. one meal a day would be tough to get much in. whats the min. i can intake, 5'7", light active, 59yrs., female, 168lbs. thx!!!
  • promisesstandin
    ps = hiit maybe 2x week, 30 mins. max on elyptical,...not very hard, also some resistance 15 min/1-2x week
  • promisesstandin
    down 99lbs! yahooooo!
  • promisesstandin
    want to drop another 30lbs then go maintenance