A little scared

wheam2093
wheam2093 Posts: 1 Member
I just downloaded this app to start my new healthy life that I so desperately need. I'm just so nervous that I will fail but seeing other people's stories makes me feel like I'm not alone!! Wish me luck and will update my progress. Wanna lose 50 lbs (:

Replies

• hafsatoheed2019
    hafsatoheed2019 Posts: 70 Member
    Same here
    Best of luck
    May I know your stats plz
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    No reason to fear :) Set your calories for a reasonable loss - I'd start with 1 lb a week. Eat whatever makes you feel satisfied and happy but stay within your calories. Be consistent and be patient. It doesn't have to be miserable and it doesn't have to be complicated.
  • rossbaker2_sc
    rossbaker2_sc Posts: 43 Member
    The only way to fail is to stop trying.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    The only way to fail is to stop trying.

Yes, this. Fortunately, unlike many things in life, weight loss IS a matter of horseshoes and grenades - "close enough" works just fine. You don't have to be perfect, and the only time you've actually made a mistake is when you give up. "Mistakes", like eating a day in a calorie surplus, in the long term are not even really mistakes, just minor delays. It can take many months to lose weight, so an extra day in the scope of it all is nothing.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited May 2019
    I totally understand. Perhaps if you make yourself change the way you think about "failing" will help. If you make yourself see "fear" as a total and complete enemy in this thing and see "failure" as a tool in helping you make tweeks and adjustment/changes in what your doing to accomplish your goals--your whole "world/attitude" may change and change for the absolute better. Failure is not the enemy...fear is. Embracing failure as a friend and teacher is so excellent, words won't fully describe. Fear...is a liar, a thief and destroyer of the wonderful thing that hope is. Fear is not to be trusted AT ALL!

You are NOT alone {{{{{ Hugs }}}}}}}--(that's another thing fear lies to us about). I'm so HAPPY for you, you are on a new path that will be filled with struggle and failure, but also filled with successes and wins and the awesomeness of JOY. Lastly, for you to come here and post shows/proves that you're on your way to success. ALWAYS Remember (keep this in your mind constantly/day and night)--ALL thru this journey/adventure of weight blastification, that SLOW AND STEADY wins the race. Fear will LIE to you and tell you you have to "hurry" and waiting/taking your time is wrong. It's NOT...TAKE YOUR TIME and do it right and righteously--here's to cheering you ON and YAY YOU!!

o:)<3o:)
  • rajeshvvcool
    rajeshvvcool Posts: 168 Member
    Nothing to be scared about. I was in your shoes couple of years back. Please do check out my success story -

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10511781/fat-to-fit-6-packs-just-2-inspire/p1
  • jwalcutt1
    jwalcutt1 Posts: 5 Member
    wheam2093 wrote: »
    I just downloaded this app to start my new healthy life that I so desperately need. I'm just so nervous that I will fail but seeing other people's stories makes me feel like I'm not alone!! Wish me luck and will update my progress. Wanna lose 50 lbs (:

It's alright to be nervous. What you need to remember is that it is a lifestyle change and not a diet, and that it will take time. When the weight loss slows which it will just think about the progress you have made and how happy that makes you! Think about the hard work you put in. It will help you push through. You've got this!!
  • chaparra71
    chaparra71 Posts: 44 Member
    I started out in 8/29/18 needing to lose 110+. I am down 70lbs, you can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!