Keto/ low carb recipes

robindina
robindina Posts: 157 Member
What is everyone’s favorite Low carb or keto friendly recipes, snacks?

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,949 Member
    a few sites I have used before buying a bunch of keto cookbooks..dietdoctor.com.......ruled.me.com....Ibreatheimhungry.com.......pinterest.com
  • HulkV2
    HulkV2 Posts: 32 Member
    Peanuts are my favorite snack, 5g total but 4g fiber makes it a good go to. Some slim Jim's are lower carb and are good. Other than that I eat boiled eggs like it's going out of style haha
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Basic food is the easiest for me... protein and veggies. Marinated chicken breast and a side of veggies plus a little olive oil
  • Lashes1986
    Lashes1986 Posts: 126 Member
    I recommend Ditchthecarbs.com I’ve made 3 or her recipes so far and they’ve all been delicious.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    I try to keep things really simple. I will sometimes make "recipes" but for the most part, I just stick with the basics - meat and veggies. Feel free to look at my diary.

A few sample meals:

Shrimp with Cauliflower Rice - I season the shrimp with whatever floats my boat that day, toss, add avocado.

Grilled steak with mushrooms sauteed in fat of choice

Cheeseburgers - I top with veggies, avocado, salsa, cheese of choice, etc., no bun needed

Pork Roast with Sauerkraut

Mississippi Pot Roast (pot roast, water, au jus mix, ranch dressing mix, pepperoncini) served with cauliflower mashed

If you need recipes, I recommend books by Diane Sanfilippo and Leanne Vogel to get started. PaleOMG has a bunch of Keto receipes as well I think as does Mark Sisson, just check out their websites.
  • squirley13
    squirley13 Posts: 112 Member
    No carb pizza crust for pizza nights. Just shredded chicken with egg and Parmesan cheese. Keto Connect has a video how to make it.
  • squirley13
    squirley13 Posts: 112 Member
    Keto meat lasagna with great percentages of macros that has taste and texture also of lasagna! Recipe is found on YouTube channel 2krazyketos.
  • kara_tastic
    kara_tastic Posts: 38 Member
    I use Pinterest! No one in family has complained yet and most are easy to make!
  • Trulyjooly
    Trulyjooly Posts: 9 Member
    1. Chicken Parm: shirataki noodles, cheese, grilled chicken breast, ragu
    2. Kitchen sink Frittata: 8 eggs, cheese, saute all the veggies in the fridge. Mix and bake in a pie plate
    3. Mashed cauliflower
    4. Smoothies: 1/2 cup yogurt, berries, Stevia, Cabot protein powder
  • FireflyJay25
    FireflyJay25 Posts: 3 Member
    Cauliflower Chicken Alfredo as per Diet doctor.com. 👌
  • TheOldBallCoach43420
    TheOldBallCoach43420 Posts: 119 Member
    squirley13 wrote: »
    No carb pizza crust for pizza nights. Just shredded chicken with egg and Parmesan cheese. Keto Connect has a video how to make it.

Do you have the recipe for this? Would love to try this. Thanks
  • jerseygene
    jerseygene Posts: 129 Member
    fathead pizza is my favourite on a Friday night in front of the TV with a good film. Apart from that, it's nuts or pork rinds.
  • dr_momma
    dr_momma Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! Sometimes I drop a beaten egg in bone broth like a egg drop soup.
    Sugar free whipped cream (rarely) with pecans and lilys chocolate chips
    Boiled eggs
  • GinetteHaz
    GinetteHaz Posts: 6 Member
    So many great ideas!! I’m going to have to start taking notes and try all these!
  • Sweetnsimpleblond
    Sweetnsimpleblond Posts: 43 Member
    Lemon pepper chicken
    Fathead pizza
    Jalapeño poppers with bacon
    Avocado crab boats
    Dynamite sautéed shrimp
    Buffalo wings
    Keto cheese cake

There are so many things!
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    These!

https://www.cjsketokitchen.com/keto-peanut-butter-cookies-only-3-ingredients/

I make these at least once a week and I use them for protein snacks. Delicious!