New here. Lifestyle change and working hard.

After.my international move I let.my weight get out of hand. I did a fad diet and got down to 170 and put it back on... I'm 248 (over 3 years) after I moved. I hurt my back in January at work and that added that last 10lbs. I'm almost as big as I was when I tried to lose weight the last time and it started to affect my health.
A few weeks ago I started downloading apps and excersising. Then last week I made the leap with my dr to change my diet. She did put me on weightloss pills because she was concerned about my size.. It was causing my feet and knees a lot of trouble. I've kept to the calories she said to eat (1200) and have worked out almost everyday. I do see results but won't be weighing in until I see her again. I don't want to be obsessed with weight but how I feel and how my clothes fit. We do not have scales at home. If I can lose enough weight I'm going to start running again which I used to love. So for now I am doing cardio, yoga and core work to help me build the muscles I need to run safely. I'm excited to get my life turned around as after my visit and decision to get healthy she said I am almost prediabetic.. So I have even more motivation to be healthy now.

Replies

• danniellenutton90
    danniellenutton90 Posts: 3 Member
    Awww I hope it goes well for you!
    It’s amazing how fast we can gain the weight but how long it takes to actually lose it!

I’m a newbie here :) feel free to add me x
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Yes! It is a LIFE STYLE CHANGE and not some "diet". I tried so many and that's how I got into the mess I eventually found myself in: 170 kg, 375 pounds. 400 days later with MFP and all those great members and I have lost 33 kg - 70 pounds. Still a long way to go - day by day, meal by meal! We can do it!