Things you used to love that gross you out.

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
Before I changed the way I was eating, I ate a lot of crap food, and it tasted sooo good to me. But now when someone brings it up, or I see it/smell it, I've noticed that a good portion of it just sounds nasty! For instance, stuffed crust pizza. I used to love it. Now it kiiind of makes me want to throw up. I also used to love McDonald's. I had it yesterday, and while it still tasted good, it made me so bloated and sick-feeling I don't even want to touch the **** anymore. What are some foods that are like that for you?

Replies

• JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Apparently I am not to that point yet. I still love McDonalds and stuffed crust pizza :blushing:

I tell you being healthy would be so much easier if salad smelled like bacon
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    I tell you being healthy would be so much easier if salad smelled like bacon

Best quote 2011! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You're not going to believe me, but chocolate. The other day I had a chunky bar and it tasted like sugary wax to me. I haven't had a candy bar in 8 months. I'm sure I would enjoy a more quality chocolate, but that one sucked. I was a complete chocolate addict a year ago too.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    cheese fries or a blooming onion! Yuck!! Tummy turning just thinking about it!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    lol nothing. I actually find food I used to think was gross like stuffed donuts, hamburgers, and other things super appealing. I don't think cravings will ever stop. Who am I kidding? lol :P
  • Chantelle160
    Options
    MMMMM Bacon...... lol I find it hard to read labels sometimes. Chips are the worst cause they taste so good but are horrible for you. I cant eat fast food makes me sick, I get worked up thinking about it. lol.
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    OMG I feel the SAME WAY about stuffed crust pizza! It was my absolute favorite! Anything pizza hut was! I got an email today for a coupoun at pizza hut and I thought EWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Distgusting calories!!!! I also use to gorge on cake. Now, I only eat angel food cake or no cake at all! Just the thought of all the sugar and sodium intake just scares the life out of me!
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Most fried things turn my stomach now..
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    cheese fries or a blooming onion! Yuck!! Tummy turning just thinking about it!

I just made the ugliest face after reading this lol. That does sound gross. I used to love Hardees' bacon cheese fries, now that just sounds greasy and disgusting.
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    i still love the same foods, but I am just more self conscious about it. From time to time I will allow myself to "slip" and eat fast food, but I work it off later that day.
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    I loved Sensations chilli crisps, I could eat a whole large bag in one go, but I had one about 4 weeks ago and it was like just put sugar and chilli powder in my mouth, also my son had a flake mcflurry recently, which he gave me a spoonful of, the ice cream was okay, but the chocolate was just like a waxy,fatty substance that stuck to the roof of my mouth... I have never been so delighted!!
  • ohpretty
    ohpretty Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Meat is starting to gross me out in all of it's entirety (in before someone makes a bad joke out of that). Seriously though, working at Wal-Mart as a cashier and having to scan raw packages of meat? That alone is starting to make me sick. I'm not really so much against it as I am trying to cut most of it out of my diet. I feel much better with a vegetarian diet.

I second the McDonald's/any fast food/burger place. Greasy burgers and oversalted fries just don't sound good to me in the least. Pizza still looks yummy though, as long as there isn't a slab of grease to go with it.

Drinking any kind of soda makes me sick, now. Now sure when that started but I cut back on drinking it like water about three years ago and haven't had a sip of it since... May, maybe?

Frozen meals disgust me. Even Lean Cuisines don't look all that appealing.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    You're not going to believe me, but chocolate. The other day I had a chunky bar and it tasted like sugary wax to me. I haven't had a candy bar in 8 months. I'm sure I would enjoy a more quality chocolate, but that one sucked. I was a complete chocolate addict a year ago too.

I still like chocolate, but while I could eat an entire bag of Lindt white chocolate truffles, now I can eat maybe 2 tops, otherwise it starts getting WAY too sweet.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I now hate the Otis Spunkmeyer cookies after learning that I ate one that was 360 calories yesterday. that's right...ONE SMALL cookie and 360 silly calories. and, sadly, I ate the dang cookie thinking I was "being good" by skipping the birthday cake.

eff you cookies!
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Sometimes i wonder if this developed aversion to food isn't psychological. I still love the foods I've always loved, but I just don't eat as much of it or as often. Ah well, if being grossed out is how you keep from eating the 'unhealthy' stuff, then all the power to you. I'll still enjoy my pizza, chocolate, and McD's without having to feel guilty about not offering you any.
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Before I was a vegetarian, I ate corned beef hash out of a can. A LOT. And it was delicious. But it totally smells like cat food.
  • PandaofDestruction
    Options
    This is crazy...but I have noticed that I do not crave fast food anymore, I would rather make my food at home!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    Sometimes i wonder if this developed aversion to food isn't psychological. I still love the foods I've always loved, but I just don't eat as much of it or as often. Ah well, if being grossed out is how you keep from eating the 'unhealthy' stuff, then all the power to you. I'll still enjoy my pizza, chocolate, and McD's without having to feel guilty about not offering you any.

Oh I have no doubt it's psychological! And you don't have to feel guilty about it :wink:
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    Before I was a vegetarian, I ate corned beef hash out of a can. A LOT. And it was delicious. But it totally smells like cat food.

I still do love some corned beef hash though. So good, but SOOO high in sodium. Sigh.
  • aclukehart
    Options
    lol nothing. I actually find food I used to think was gross like stuffed donuts, hamburgers, and other things super appealing. I don't think cravings will ever stop. Who am I kidding? lol :P

totalllllly agree lol