Addressing the stretch mark elephant in the room...

Options
Okay so like some of ya'll i have these pesky things called stretch marks. I just want to hear from those who've addressed the problem. Im wanting to know of anyone has used trilastin SR or skinception and if they have made any difference at all and if they're worth the money. And if I do use it wait until before or after I lose the weight. Also anyone who has gotten laser surgery has it made any improvements. Mine are the little white ones if that makes any difference. So yeah I'm just curious about it. It would be a huge relief to get rid of these darn things! Thanks for any help in advance :)

Replies

• JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Would love to see the responses... most of what I've read on the forum are for more recent stretch marks. I have many layers of them... I grew like a boy so I have them on my knees and lower back then I have two kids 6 years (9 and 15 y/o now) apart and of course the gaining of the weight... 4 layers of old stretch marks!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I have lots of them and the more weight I lose the more prominent they become. I used Palmer's Coco butter lotion when I was pregnant and that helped a lot. I may have to buy some again.
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks from having 2 babies and now that i've lost all that weight you can see my skin isn't tight and the marks are very noticeable when you touch them. I used Mederma stretch mark cream. you can buy it anywhere. it's kind of pricey, $40 a tube, and it takes awhile to take effect but I have really noticed a difference. They're lighter and my skin is smooth again.
  • crestchick82
    Options
    Mine are from me being overweight as a child. I got more and more as time went on. I learned to get used to them but I would like to be able to wear a bikini one day and feel completely confident in it.
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm at peace with mine, and I hardly ever think of them. I will feel just as awesome rocking a cute one piece bathing suit as I would rocking a bikini. Mind you, I only have them on my stomach from pregnancy, so maybe I'd feel differently if they were in more obvious spots.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Mine are fairly new. 15 months old from baby. I used 0.1%retin a from my dermatologist. They are reduces by about 75-80%.
    I'm actually rather amazed. At this rate I will say other that a few spots I missed they will be hardly noticeable in the next few weeks. The itching is driving me a bit mad though. And some spots hurt a little where too much skin has been removed. Overall I am very satisfied.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I have some on my upper arms- totally visible when wearing tank tops/swimsuits, sleeveless dresses, etc. I've had them since I was 13 (growth spurt), so they are really old, but still visible. Tanning makes it more obvious, too, so I had a Vivace consultation at a very reputable medi-spa. It's a radio frequency micro-needling procedure that requires a few visits, and would take several months of skin/collagen "renewal" (growth) for optimum results, and they told me I might expect up to a 75-80% reduction (cannot guarantee complete results bc everyone heals differently and age (over 40, but still "young", so they said :smile:)
    I was planning on laser hair removal, but I might do this instead. I don't want to never wear sleeveless tops bc I'm self-conscious of the stretch marks... no matter what I weigh, lol :blush:
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Holy zombie thread Batman!