Polar F6 HRM Ownzone question

Options
If you have a Polar F6 do you use the Ownzone or do you set your own zones? When using the Ownzone it usually doesn't complete the full 5 levels before starting -- am I doing something wrong? When running it usually shows that I am running somewhere been 95% to 113% capacity but I am not struggling to breathe so I'm not sure because of this if it is keeping an accurate calorie burn. THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!

Replies

• Redbug
    Redbug Posts: 41
    Options
    If you have a Polar F6 do you use the Ownzone or do you set your own zones? When using the Ownzone it usually doesn't complete the full 5 levels before starting -- am I doing something wrong? When running it usually shows that I am running somewhere been 95% to 113% capacity but I am not struggling to breathe so I'm not sure because of this if it is keeping an accurate calorie burn. THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    I have a Polar F11 and I started out using the Ownzone, but got annoyed with it very quickly. From what I understand, your min and max HR for the Ownzone session is set during your warm-up. I always find myself going over the max HR, too, with this setting.

I just set mine up in manual mode. This way, I can put in a HR range that is more of what I "want" and not what my warm-up HR is telling some mini-machine on my wrist.

That's just me. I feel a greater degree of freedom with the manual setting. Every once in a while, I go back to Ownzone if I'm in a hurry to start.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I have a F11 and use my Ownzone all the time. You have to clear it, cause it's obviously set wrong, and wasn't picking up right. I think you have to do the prefit test to get a resting HR first. Then, you can try to set it again. I noticed that once my Ownzone was set, it only did 3 arrows too. Once it is set for you RHR you can bypass doing it everytime by pushing ok and it'll show you yopu're target HRs. I'll look at the book again though, cause once I set it, I knew the limits were appropriate for my age. Check the calculation after. 220-your age X 60% or .6, then max HR X 90% or .9. The range between is your target HR. (max HR) Good luck!
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I also have an F11. When I used the Ownzone my heartrate was always over, so I finally just set my own limits. I never did the tests so it was probably not set right. But the limits I have set now work just fine for me.
  • Redbug
    Redbug Posts: 41
    Options
    MisoSoup79 do you have to set it up manually each and every time or once there always there?