c25k starting 1st August - support group?

Options

Replies

• kalougri
    kalougri Posts: 12
    Options
    I've failed miserably. Got struck down with a nasty chest infection in week 2, was on antibiotics for a week which still didn't shift it but now it's finally going I think. I managed to do d1 of the 30ds tonight, so going to try starting c25k again. Gah, nothing ever goes smoothly does it? Well done to all those keeping on track better than me :o)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    BUMP

Who's ready for week 5?
    Bring it ON!! :bigsmile:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    BUMP

Who's ready for week 5?

Me! I just finished week 4 tonight :bigsmile:
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I took on Week 6 this afternoon. W6D1 all done. I admit when the voice said "you are half way done", I stopped, bent over took a few deep breaths, and turned around to run towards home.

I really had to fight to finish the 20 minute run on W5D3, and ended up getting it done on the treadmill at the gym. Moving outside is so much harder, but I do it when I can to take advantage of what's left of summer. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to run outside for 20+ minutes. Phew!
  • ydeemar
    ydeemar Posts: 44
    Options
    BUMP

Who's ready for week 5?

Me! I just finished week 4 tonight :bigsmile:

Good luck to the 3 of us, i'd be starting week 5 tonight also! :happy:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    W5D1 was a success! I started off great! :bigsmile:
  • marjen002
    marjen002 Posts: 112
    Options
    I took on Week 6 this afternoon. W6D1 all done. I admit when the voice said "you are half way done", I stopped, bent over took a few deep breaths, and turned around to run towards home.

I really had to fight to finish the 20 minute run on W5D3, and ended up getting it done on the treadmill at the gym. Moving outside is so much harder, but I do it when I can to take advantage of what's left of summer. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to run outside for 20+ minutes. Phew!

I totally agree. I don't have access to a treadmill right now so I have no choice but to jog outside...and it's killer. My pace is slower too (but I am also pushing a stroller most days). I just completed Week 6 Day 2 today. I started off thinking I would repeat Day 1 but when it was time to stop for the first time I realized I didn't need to. I went on to complete Day 2 without a hitch. Terrified of what's ahead though..no more jog/walk anymore, just pure jogging after this! What an accomplishment!
  • ydeemar
    ydeemar Posts: 44
    Options
    hello guys, i started w5d1 and it's was easy for me 'coz i have prepared myself for 8minutes run, it turns out it was for d2:laugh:
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've been a bit ill/away for the last week or so. Hoping to get back to c25k this week from W3D1. Everyone is doing really well! <3
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am on to W4D2 tomorrow - very excited and surprised by how easy becoming a "runner" is! I haven't even walked fast in over a decade and I am RUNNING! Wowzers!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    W5D2 was a success. 8 min runs are kinda easy :bigsmile:
  • ydeemar
    Options

i find it easy also, i'm anticipating the W5D3 im not sure if i'd be able to run 20minutes straight but i'll try to finish it.. good luck to D3!! :drinker:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options

i find it easy also, i'm anticipating the W5D3 im not sure if i'd be able to run 20minutes straight but i'll try to finish it.. good luck to D3!! :drinker:

Me too! I got my MP3 so i hope i get lost in my tunes, so the 20min will fly!
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I did W3D1 yesterday and it went well!! I was wondering if anyone had kept records of their run paces. My run pace at the moment is ~15min/mile which is pretty slow. What did people start off with and did it improve over time?

Leila x
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I did week 4 day 1 today. I thought I was going to die on that second five minute run, but I just kept up the positive self talk and pushed through. I can't imagine uping my time at this point, but I think that each week and I have been able to do it, so the biggest battle is in my head.
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I did W3D1 yesterday and it went well!! I was wondering if anyone had kept records of their run paces. My run pace at the moment is ~15min/mile which is pretty slow. What did people start off with and did it improve over time?

Leila x

I complete W5D1 today and averaged 15min mile as well. I am just trying to get through each run without stopping at this point. One I can run the 5k, I will work on improving my speed. :)
  • sheabutt
    Options
    hi everyone! hope you are all doing good on all aspects... ESPECIALLY the C2K portion. heh.

as for me, i missed 2 weeks and im petrified! i had my religious festival and was caught in the preparation and celebration and all the food.. OMG. i failed miserably.

so tomorrow i will be restarting W4D1 and see if i can shuffle through the whole session. if not, i suppose i will have to repeat W3 then... sigh.

im always getting stuck or worse, giving up at the halfway point of ANYTHING. does anyone has the same problem as me or is it just me myself & i? so depressing.
  • shonasteele
    Options

Leila x
    I'm on Week 5. I've been trying to run 5 times a week and I usually alternate between the current week and an earlier week so that I can work on my pace on shorter runs. So my RUN pace varies a lot depending on which day I'm doing. The average is about 14 min/mile for current week and 12-13 when doing an earlier week (with short runs). My overall AVERAGE pace is 15-16 though. So not speedy, but the tortoise wins the race, right?

On a different note, I'd have to say that doing C25K has been the most rewarding thing I've done in my life in a long time! Well, that coupled with losing 30 pounds of course. I feel so darn happy and proud every time I finish a run, and it shows in the rest of my life too! I'm looking forward to going shopping for some cool-weather gear (hat and gloves) so I can keep running outside for a while longer and I have a plan in place for where and when to run (indoor track) when it gets too cold outside. I gave up smoking to be able to run, and damn it, I'm going to make the most of it!

I just signed up for my first 5K today. It's only 4 weeks away so I know I won't be able to run it all - heck I'll be lucky to run half of it - but I'm going to do it and I'm going to be damn proud when I finish, cuz baby, that's another 5k further away from the couch!!!
  • sheabutt
    Options
    W4D1 done! With no cheating! After 2 weeks of non-activity! Yeesss!

I'm so proud of myself. Heh.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted to this thread in several weeks. I'm now at week 5. I can't believe I'm able to run for 8 minutes and not die!