Drink of Choice

Options
One of those days where you just need it to end. Which brings me to a fitness question: When having one of those days that you just need to end, does anyone have a "healthier" beverage of choice?

Replies

• Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'm going to assume you mean an alcoholic drink... in which case I make room for a couple glasses of red wine. Other than that a vodka soda or water with a lemon and lime or a bourbon and diet coke are my go tos.
  • Pencil_legs
    Pencil_legs Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm going to assume you mean an alcoholic drink... in which case I make room for a couple glasses of red wine. Other than that a vodka soda or water with a lemon and lime or a bourbon and diet coke are my go tos.

Nice! I rock the vodka soda...low cal option compaired to IPA's
  • duichaser
    duichaser Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yes. Definitely referring to adult beverages!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Wine
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Vodka Soda with Lime
  • onepebble
    onepebble Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Pure Blond beer - 92 cals/bottle.
    It’s apparently low carb, though I really don’t care about that, I like the lower cal count and it tastes good to me. If we are out I’ll usually alternate a beer with a soda water (plain with just some fresh lemon or lime) - it’s fizzy, and social and no cals.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    I don’t count calories for those random nights 😬

Grand mariner on the rocks, with splash of cranberry.
  • sefajane1
    sefajane1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options

Ooh, I wouldn't mind a grand (or otherwise!) mariner, on the rocks or anywhere. You can hold the cranberry splash though 😉😝😂
  • MelodyMomof2
    MelodyMomof2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Glass or two of wine. Sometimes it fits in my calorie goal, sometimes it doesn't. :)
  • stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I take a couple shots of either whiskey or rum (approx 105 calories each). Diet soda is an okay chaser.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    sefajane1 wrote: »

Ooh, I wouldn't mind a grand (or otherwise!) mariner, on the rocks or anywhere. You can hold the cranberry splash though 😉😝😂

Eeeeek, I got to ease myself into that head change 😂
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Gin and tonic, wine, or a hard seltzer.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I'll usually go for a vodka and (diet) sprite, but if I have a little bit extra in calories I really like a screwdriver. I'll usually water down the orange juice anyway because it's tart.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    When i drink, it's usual a margarita with anejo tequila
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    In the winter I usually just do Vodka Rocks or a glass of Red Wine. Now that the weather is nicer, I'm going to play around with some cocktails and just to come up with sugar free varieties. I'm really hoping to find a recipe, or come up with one, for low carb pina colada :)
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    In the winter I usually just do Vodka Rocks or a glass of Red Wine. Now that the weather is nicer, I'm going to play around with some cocktails and just to come up with sugar free varieties. I'm really hoping to find a recipe, or come up with one, for low carb pina colada :)

I don't do low carb but I make a low cal pina colada with unsweetened almond milk, coconut extract, frozen pineapple and fat free vanilla yogurt for thickness. With some rum and a maraschino cherry of course. ;)
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    duichaser wrote: »
    One of those days where you just need it to end. Which brings me to a fitness question: When having one of those days that you just need to end, does anyone have a "healthier" beverage of choice?

My days of managing stress with alcohol are thankfully behind me. Now I relax with exercise and

54842104.jpg

Picard knows best.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Captain and diet on ice with lime, or chilled white or rose wine <3