exercise calories linked from Garmin to MFP

Options
Some one please help me before I drown my garmin, I have the garmin forerunner. I have linked the garmin connect to MFP also I am connected to Strava, my exercises are not linking to MFP once I have synced my watch after exercise, FI I worked out this morning at home, (strength training) synced my phone and the calories for exercise have not been added. I have searched all weekend on my mobile, finally in front of a computer so thought I would ask and see if anyone can help.

Many thanks !

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Forerunner 935 which is connected to, among other things, MFP and Strava and haven't had this issue save for when there's a known backend issue on Garmin's or MFP's side. I just checked and my workout from this morning synced correctly.

Did your strength workout this morning synced to Strava. This is potentially a question for customer support at MFP and/or Garmin.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I had this problem not too long ago. My Garmin stopped syncing and I had not changed anything on the settings. I contacted MFP and at the time they said it was a glitch on their end. I disconnected Garmin and just relied on my Strava. The only difference was it would show my activity as burned 400 calories in 1 minute, for example. Very frustrating because I remember getting an error code every time I tried to disconnect the Garmin. In the end I'm not sure what happened but I synced my Garmin again and now it works 🤷🏾‍♀️

After typing that I remembered an update took place on Friday because my Saturday morning did not sync and when I tried to pair from my watch I got the sync icon but it would not time out. I reset my watch twice and turned on and off my Bluetooth on my phone and it worked. I would not have even have known there was an update if I hadn't happened to look at my watch when it was happening.

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Mine has been pretty reliable. I link directly from garmin to myfitnesspal, not via any 3rd party site. If it ever broke temporarily, I'd just add a custom exercise with the right number of calories by hand.

The only thing I don't like is that the descriptions make me sound wimpy. Stuff like:

"burned 516 calories doing 47 minutes of Swimming laps, freestyle, light/moderate effort"

"Light effort," my *kitten*!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    VegasFit wrote: »
    I had this problem not too long ago. My Garmin stopped syncing and I had not changed anything on the settings. I contacted MFP and at the time they said it was a glitch on their end. I disconnected Garmin and just relied on my Strava. The only difference was it would show my activity as burned 400 calories in 1 minute, for example. Very frustrating because I remember getting an error code every time I tried to disconnect the Garmin. In the end I'm not sure what happened but I synced my Garmin again and now it works 🤷🏾‍♀️

After typing that I remembered an update took place on Friday because my Saturday morning did not sync and when I tried to pair from my watch I got the sync icon but it would not time out. I reset my watch twice and turned on and off my Bluetooth on my phone and it worked. I would not have even have known there was an update if I hadn't happened to look at my watch when it was happening.
    For what it's worth, sometime within the last week I looked at the Garmin Connect status page and syncing MFP was temporarily down. I'm not sure what exactly the issue was or how long it lasted, but you can check to see about more global issues regarding things like "is syncing with MFP working?".
  • kellymacca
    kellymacca Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all x