New and motivated

Cat_A_89
Cat_A_89 Posts: 93 Member
Well I've hit that point of enough is enough. I'll be turning 30 this year and dont want to spend another decade being obese.
Currently I am 225 and 5'2. A good 100 pounds overweight. Id love to lose around 50 by the end of October but any loss would make me happy at this point.
Mfp gave me 1380 calories but I'm wondering if I should try to shoot more for 1200. Im fairly active, on my feet alot. Have a fitness tracker and plan on doing bodyweight hiit several times a week. I dont have access to a gym at the moment so will have to hope that bodyweight will help me build muscle.
Any tips are more than appreciated I'll need all the help I can get!

Replies

• nehagirdhar1787
    nehagirdhar1787 Posts: 1 Member
    Metoo! New and motivated...
    Try drink lot of water and have fiber say salad..forget taste and dressings...focus on finishing eating and doing something about which you are passionate about. Distraction from food will help you shed weight
  • 1BreezeyBree
    1BreezeyBree Posts: 16 Member
    Hi welcome! :)
    I'm new aswell
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Why not eat the calories MFP has given you first? Then after a few weeks you can see if you’re losing weight at the expected weight, and adjust accordingly. (Don’t forget to eat back a portion of your deliberate-exercise calories, otherwise you will be at too big a deficit and will feel fatigued).
  • jessicalys
    jessicalys Posts: 27 Member
    I've lost 91lbs total, 50 of which I've lost in the last 7 months. Feel free to add me, I can share my experience.

The biggest thing is not to make too many changes at one time. Focus on building habits. You didn't gain the weight over night, so you won't lose it over night. One week focus on eating more veggies, the next drinking more water, the next adding exercise.

Have a plan A, plan B, plan C, etc because life will happen.