Advice

I’m on day 7 of the 30 day shred and after taking one rest day my back is still sore.

My partner has told me to take another rest day from it but do an easier workout

I feel upset skipping it again

How do you deal with self doubt and guilt?

I’m sure if I did it but would be ok but my partner says I need to let myself rest and maybe do a lighter workout

I just feel like a failure when I miss days :( does anybody else feel this way

Replies

• HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    If you are in pain, rest
    If you are sore, continue on
  • swilki84
    swilki84 Posts: 13 Member
    A lot of people make the mistake that the 30 day shred is 30 continuous days - it's not supposed to be, but the marketing wanted to make it sound like you can do it all in 1 month.
    It's actually designed to be 5-6 days on then rest, so you're not actually doing anything wrong if you need to take 2 rest days, and you'll probably complete it better and get more from it
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    HermanLily wrote: »
    If you are in pain, rest
    If you are sore, continue on

^ this
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Rest days are beneficial, your body needs time to recover. That doesn't mean you have to sit on your *kitten* on a rest day but if your body is so sore (i.e. in pain) - listen to it.

This is the 2nd post I've seen similar about 30 day shred in a couple of days. It is not necessary to punish the body to achieve your goals.

If your goal is weight loss/maintenance, bear in mind that mostly happens in the kitchen. Exercise should be for cardio health & muscle maintenance.

If your goal is fitness choose a program that is suitable for YOUR current level of fitness and progress as you can.
  • browneyedbelle92
    browneyedbelle92 Posts: 37 Member
    Thanks everyone sorry to be a pain

My therapist advised me to rest but stay active in other ways so I’m walking and doing exercise dvds in between instead of feeling like a failure
  • browneyedbelle92
    Also unfortunately my back is sore and so are my feet and knees so I’m glad I took time off
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    I’m on day 7 of the 30 day shred and after taking one rest day my back is still sore.

My partner has told me to take another rest day from it but do an easier workout

I’m sure if I did it but would be ok but my partner says I need to let myself rest and maybe do a lighter workout

At the end of the day, your excited about this program and can't see the results
    A day off means, one more day before you see the end results.
    If you don't do't take a proper resting day, then you may have to take a week or two

A day off or a week off, which is gives your the most anxiety ?
  • browneyedbelle92

At the end of the day, your excited about this program and can't see the results
    A day off means, one more day before you see the end results.
    If you don't do't take a proper resting day, then you may have to take a week or two

A day off or a week off, which is gives your the most anxiety ?

After talking to my therapist I know I’m my own worst enemy being obsessive doesn’t help and he told me that even though I’d only lost a kilo in a month I’m building muscle so to focus on my fitness rather than numbers

A day a week both scare me but I need to follow a routine I can keep up with and now I’m going to try to not be hard on myself