How can I develop thighs and not calves?

2»

Replies

• ca_josh
    ca_josh Posts: 35 Member
    As mmapags said, your legs are rockin’! They look great! 💪😎
  • SuperSetsRound2
    SuperSetsRound2 Posts: 19 Member
    My 2cents would be to do exercises that isolate quads and work on focusing on the controlling each rep.

if you are using a seated quad/thigh extensions: you can hold the rep(flex) at the top and control the release all the way down and repeat, this should help you grow your quads.

you can use the smith machine squat rack to grow your quads. you can put your feet shoulder width apart, keeping your feet in front of your hips and lean into bar and then squat. It will feel like you are going from a standing to seated position, push with your heels and your quads will get isolated:)
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    Your legs are fine. It's your perception that is off. Really.

I was told once I have the legs of a power lifter. I've never lifted in my life. I have hiked a lot and ridden a bike. I have strong legs that get me where I want to go. I'm happy with my muscles. Yes, they are a lot bigger than any movie star's, but since I don't have to make money on my looks, I'm okay with that.
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    I focus on my quads a lot. My calves measure 20.5 inches and my thighs 22. Ppl often say they look larger than my thighs. Ppl at the gym have also been shocked when I say I don't do Anything to isolate them.

I have found leg press and extensions have helped to grow my quads over the last few months so they at least look more porpotioned. The thing is though, the calves are genetic. I can either be embarrassed by the size or proud of it. It's my body. I have to own it not try and change what I probably cant.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    I have tree trunk legs (genetics), especially my calves. I’ve learned to focus less on what they look like and be grateful that they get me where I want to go, including some magnificent hikes and backpacks. I lust after Kate Middleton’s calves/thighs but then return to reality and take my thick legs out for a walk.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Your calves are rather ordinary from the pic.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    WandRsmom wrote: »
    I focus on my quads a lot. My calves measure 20.5 inches and my thighs 22. Ppl often say they look larger than my thighs. Ppl at the gym have also been shocked when I say I don't do Anything to isolate them.

I have found leg press and extensions have helped to grow my quads over the last few months so they at least look more porpotioned. The thing is though, the calves are genetic. I can either be embarrassed by the size or proud of it. It's my body. I have to own it not try and change what I probably cant.

You have really nice calves.
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    WandRsmom wrote: »

You have really nice calves.

Thank you.
  • shaykinhand
    shaykinhand Posts: 80 Member
    I think your calves look perfectly fine. I have always been told that I have some killer calves (however I am one too that feels that mine are too big)... I do believe in the genetics here because my dad has some awesome calves as a pretty fit man.
    I'll try to get a pic of mine and measurements so you can compare but based on your pics you look a lot smaller than me too. I feel I'm built like a tank lol.
    I use the leg press as well as a lot of other leg workouts but I'm looking for some better ways to tighten my inner thighs :o and not grow the calves too much.