Turbo kick teachers/ fanatics

doceo
doceo Posts: 46 Member
I've taken Piloxing and some other Les Mills boxing type classes and liked them. This week, I took a turbo kick class and liked it, too. I travel a bit and was considering getting a DVD set off ebay to use when I can't hit a gym.

There may not be a good answer to this question, but I figured I would ask anyway. Are there particular lessons I should try to locate? For example, there was one called Turbo Kick Fitness DVD Turbo Sports 3 Best 7 Beachbody Workout. Would that be a great workout?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I found a turbofire DVD set on eBay and got it for around $27. I thought it was a pretty good deal. I'm not familiar with the specific DVDs you mentioned. Amy bento also has a kickbox surge and core on Amazon, used for a good price. Do you like step-boxing? Kelly Coffey Meyer is good.
  • doceo
    DancingMoosie, it's interesting you mentnioned turbofire on ebay, bc that's exactly what I decided to buy. I did some additional reseach after I posted this convo and found that turbo kick is the "health club" version and turbofire is slightly more and not the health club version. I think I'll be happy with it. Thanks for reaching out!
  • TiffanyCMU5
    TiffanyCMU5 Posts: 1 Member
    I was a former Turbokick instructor and have to say out of all the fitness classes I’ve ever taken or taught this was the best!! Stick with it they change up routines every month!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    You can also just look for kickboxing videos on YouTube. There's so much available for free...
  • doceo
    TiffanyCMU5 I bought turbo fire and I'm trying to do it at home. I considered getting a beachbody subscription, but I am not sure I would use it. I do like the turbo fire at the YMCA (even though I'm usually several seconds behind the rest of group.... I just tell myself that at least I'm doing it and not sitting in a wheel chair for my age and my RA!

also-- the CMU ... did you go to Carnegie Mellon?
    I was a former Turbokick instructor and have to say out of all the fitness classes I’ve ever taken or taught this was the best!! Stick with it they change up routines every month!