Outcome!

Options
Afternoon All,

So, I have a question that relates to setting goals etc, well more on the lines of how long the outcome will take.

I understand how to set the goals and target weights and percentage daily amounts etc but what it doesn't tell me is how long it will take to get the target weight based of the information inputted into the goals...

Does anyone know if this is a feature?

Kind regards

Mike

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    It doesn't really need a feature just some basic maths.

What is your current weight?

What is your target weight?

What rate did you choose?

Current weight - Target weight = Amount to lose or gain

Amount to lose or gain / Rate of loss or gain chosen = Approximate time in weeks.

So if I have 25lbs to lose and I've chosen a healthy rate of loss of 1lb per week.

It will take me approximately 25 weeks to get to my target.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    How much do you have to lose? What did you choose as your weekly weight loss goal? simple division after that... 20 lbs to lose at 0.5 lbs/week would be 40 weeks.
  • janvcooper
    janvcooper Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    use trendweight
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Afternoon All,

So, I have a question that relates to setting goals etc, well more on the lines of how long the outcome will take.

I understand how to set the goals and target weights and percentage daily amounts etc but what it doesn't tell me is how long it will take to get the target weight based of the information inputted into the goals...

Kind regards

Mike

I think once you close your diary for the day, it will say how long it will take you to reach your goal
  • erickirb
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Afternoon All,

Kind regards

Mike

I think once you close your diary for the day, it will say how long it will take you to reach your goal

I think it just says if every day were like today, you will weight X in 5 weeks
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    Afternoon All,

Kind regards

Mike

Yes, isn't that what the OP wanted?
  • erickirb
    Options
    Afternoon All,

Kind regards

Mike

Not if his journey will take longer than 5 weeks.
  • PoundsOfJules
    PoundsOfJules Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I created an Excel page. It has my actual loss (filling that in on weigh-in days), if I lost 0.5, 1, 1.5, and 2 pounds/week down to my goal weight. All are graphed and my actual loss has a trendline. I know weightloss isn't linear but it's interesting to have it in graph form. It took about 10-15mins to do so there is always that option for you :)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Afternoon All,

Kind regards

Mike

Not if his journey will take longer than 5 weeks.

And that guesstimate is solely based on eating the exact same number of calories every single day for five consecutive weeks. So, more for entertainment value than accuracy. ;)
  • mike24011988
    mike24011988 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great, thanks for all the comments. Loving the idea of a spreadsheet, can't believe I didn't think of the maths behind this.. makes me look like a right fool! :-)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    Afternoon All,

Kind regards

Mike

Only if they are planning on eating exactly the same food and exercise everyday throughout their weight loss as it's based on the calories eaten and burned on that day.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Just a comment. Don't get too hung up on how long it will take. It's really hard to predict what food is going to be around and what your circumstances will be. I only say this because I was so frustrated when I didn't lose 2 lbs. per week like I expected. It took me 2 years to lose 100 lbs. (Actually that's not even accurate because 18 of that was lost a couple of years previous.) Keep in mind the times like Thanksgiving and Christmas when you might go over etc. If you work at it steadily you will get there and the longer it takes the more you will learn. Good luck on your journey!