Low carb dessert ideas?

Options
niee19
niee19 Posts: 1 Member
I have recently switched from being a vegetarian to a low carb diet to achieve my fitness goals. I have been keeping my daily carbs intake as low as 30g a day, and eating a lot of protein, but not as much fat as a keto diet. The hardest part is not giving up fries and bread... I just f**** miss chocolate. I always had a sweet tooth and my sugar cravings are so bad that its getting dangerous for my surroundings. 😂
Any ideas for low carb desserts?

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,069 Member
    Options
  • karalynn_10
    karalynn_10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chia seed pudding made with dark cocoa powder has been my go to chocolate craving killer.
  • SeptemberSun_1333
    SeptemberSun_1333 Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    There are so many great websites for desserts, too many sometimes! Jello is always a go to since it's low calorie and filling. Pot de Cremes, mug cakes, and even berries with cream.
  • amgj67
    amgj67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat keto with occasional carb cycles. I like the Lily chocolate bars for my sweet tooth. There are 30 squares in a bar and one bar is two servings. It’s made with real chocolate but sweetened with stevia and Erythritol. It has 22grams of carbs, 12 grams of fiber, and 15 grams of fat per serving, Expensive at $4 a bar but works for me when I need a little taste of chocolate or something sweet.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I enjoy berries - any kind of berries with some good quality plain yoghurt. Sometimes I add a little bit of lemon zest or a little fresh ginger for some zing. Happy days! I also freeze berries and make a quick ice cream with plain yoghurt.
  • suejanircookie
    suejanircookie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jelly made up with half water and half plain fat free yoghurt , leave to set ,
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Very dark chocolate (90%) is pretty low in carbs, so is sugar free jello.

One note: if you're eating very low carb but also reducing fat, where is the bulk of your calories coming from? Protein? Because otherwise, you may be undereating.
  • Nickie0279
    Nickie0279 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    mascapone mousse (50g or more mascapone,some double cream to thin it slightly), use protein powder or cacao mixed in, it's nice topped with peanut or almond butter.
    Ricotta mousse, same as the mascapone for ingredients.
    Cream cheese,double cream and either chocolate whey or angel delight sugar free powder (10/15g) mixed in.
    Avacado mousse, half an avacado,coconut cream,chocolate whey or cacao,double cream,requires a sweetner I use stevia and top with a nut butter.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Low carb chocolate is easy, get a bag of 100% cacao powder. The brand I use is Zint but I suspect they’re all similar. Put in anything. Turns anything into chocolate. I like it with Greek yogurt and frozen berries, but if that’s too many carbs for you try mixing it together with almond butter to make instant keto fudge balls.
  • kaitlynndiane
    kaitlynndiane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of ricotta cheese, 1 tbsp of cocoa powder, sweeter to taste (I use 1 tbsp of truvia), and a little dash of non fat milk (optional) blended together makes low calorie chocolate mousse. I also add dark chocolate chips.
  • GratefulWayFarer
    GratefulWayFarer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you just miss foods with the highest glycemic index and basically.. Sugar ! If you want to test if you miss chocolate, try real 85%+ chocolate :-).

If you want dessert ideas just join keto desserts on Instagram.. But you will need to stock up on stuff like ertithritol, sucralose and xyritol.. Don't consume them in excess, just when you make desserts. Too much of them can result in brown waterfalls. Good luck!
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    draelsaid wrote: »
    It sounds like you just miss foods with the highest glycemic index and basically.. Sugar ! If you want to test if you miss chocolate, try real 85%+ chocolate :-).

If you want dessert ideas just join keto desserts on Instagram.. But you will need to stock up on stuff like ertithritol, sucralose and xyritol.. Don't consume them in excess, just when you make desserts. Too much of them can result in brown waterfalls. Good luck!

Be careful if you have a dog or a cat also, if you stock up on any of these... Keep them high out of potential reach. Xylitol is particularly deadly to them.
  • Rubih1103
    Rubih1103 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In a Mason jar I add 1 cup on Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk, 3tbsp of Heavy Whipping Cream, A squirt of Stevia, and 2 tbsp-3tbsp of Cocoa Powder. I Close the lid, shake, it and put it in the freezer. I don't wait until it is all the way hard or else it will be a tad bit difficult to eat. If you do let it get solid hard, just leave it on your counter to thaw out a bit. (Sometimes I like to add crushed Macadamia Nuts)
  • Rubih1103
    Rubih1103 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can also try Lilys Chocolate Bars made with Stevia. They are high in carbs and calories so just eat a piece or two when you are really craving chocolate.
  • maddiifc
    maddiifc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    CHOC CHIA PUDDING
    1 Serve

25g Avocado
    20g choc protein powder
    1 Tbsp cocoa powder
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    100ml unsweetened almond milk
    35g coconut yoghurt
    25g chia seeds