Shopping for workout clothes?

Options
I have decided to join a gym, and need some comfortable workout clothes, in big girl sizes, that I can keep on afterwards for errands and grocery shopping. I would like them to be stylish and functional, but not look like I'm just prancing around in athletic-wear. :happy:
where does everyone shop? And what brands do ya' all like?

Thanks!

Replies

• ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    I went and got my work-out clothes from JcPenney's.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm 2" taller and about the same weight, but have been wearing the same Target 2XL women's athletic shirts and Old Navy 2XL and XL knee length athletic shorts and skorts since spring, probably for 30+ # change in weight. Can't beat the price. The O.N. shorts I wear the most frequently are starting to show their age but the Target shirts still look great. I use a Tide laundry detergent formulated for athletic wear, no fabric softener, and always hang to dry.
  • lionsaults
    Options
    I bought some cute, comfortable, low price work out clothes at Target. (:
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    DANCE SKIN
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have decided when I go to buy a size down I'm going to Target. Their stuff is so pretty...bright colors.:smile:
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I buy cheap. Wal-mart has yoga pants and capris for $7/8. I love them and they are super comfy.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    that I can keep on afterwards for errands and grocery shopping.

This is a foreign concept for me. lol
  • xxboobooxx
    xxboobooxx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    if you have a berlington coat factory near you ... check them out . they have the cutest work out clothes for any sizes :D and they are SOOO affordable!!
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have some things from Target and Walmart. My daughter likes TJ Maxx and Marshalls.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    There are some decent ones at Walmart, but the ones at Target are cuter. Also check TJ Maxx, Ross or Marshalls, you can get brand name stuff for the same price as Target!
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if Nike or Brooks makes plus sized clothing but I love their stuff and it's mostly what brands I wear. Bigger price tag but IMO, Walmart has ****ty quality and doesn't hold up. Check outlet stores? Nike outlet usually has good buys.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Target! They have nice work out clothes. I don't trust wal-mart clothes since once my jeans ripped when dancing at my friends dorm! Talk about embarrassing! :blushing:
  • starpi22
    starpi22 Posts: 74
    Options
    that I can keep on afterwards for errands and grocery shopping.

This is a foreign concept for me. lol

Yeah, I know that this must sound pretty raunchy. I belonged to this gym before, and they don't have a changing area, just a single stall bathroom... Sometimes you can wait as long as 30 minutes for the gals to change and apply their makeup in there :-(
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I have a really cute yoga workout outfit from Wal-Mart that's super comfy (have the 1X pants and the 2X shirt in blue). I would only wear the pants outside the house, though, as the shirt is skin tight :P

Edit:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Danskin-Now-Women-s-Plus-Reversible-Waistband-Yoga-Capri/16402438
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Danskin-Now-Women-s-Plus-Blocked-Yoga-Tank/16420257
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    on the topic of clothes is there any merit to "moisture wicking" fabrics? the feel of sweat on my skin is repulsive to me.
  • starpi22
    starpi22 Posts: 74
    Options
    Looks like I will have to stop at Target :-) Thanks!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I love Canada which is where I am from but.....Kohls, Target and Wamart in the US rocks for work out clothes!
    Price Club or Costco also has great jackets for afterwards!!!! I wear them all the time to do my groceries after going to the gym...
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    on the topic of clothes is there any merit to "moisture wicking" fabrics? the feel of sweat on my skin is repulsive to me.

Yes! I wear a soccer jersey (I'm a bit of a soccer junkie) when I go walking and I swear by that type of fabric.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options

Yes. cotton fabrics will stick almost worse than anything ... moisture wicking is helpful.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i get all my workout clothing at walmart in the plus section i love the stuff and wear them all the time. :)