What would you do if you woke up tomorrow and you were 13 years old again?

Options
laprimaJenny
laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
What would you do if you woke up tomorrow and you were 13 years old again but still had your current memories and experiences?

What are some of the regrets you’ve had? Or what opportunities do you feel you’ve missed out on?

Replies

• Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I’d be so frustrated at having to do it over again to get to this point
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I was a terrible student. Low effort. Didn't try. But I succeeded in school.

I think this time around I'd try a lot harder. Oh, and girls aren't scary. Talk to more girls as mustachioed 5'2" 13 year old.
  • laprimaJenny
    Options
    I would be more confident
  • laprimaJenny
    Options
    I would’ve actually studied in high school
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Been watching some Zach Effron movies?

Honestly if I could I would refuse the opportunity. I am terrified of the butterfly effect, so I would be super worried any little thing would completely ruin my life. I have been very lucky, in an alternate reality I think it is more likely to be worse than better.
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    Options

Honestly if I could I would refuse the opportunity. I am terrified of the butterfly effect, so I would be super worried any little thing would completely ruin my life. I have been very lucky, in an alternate reality I think it is more likely to be worse than better.

You can't refuse it woman, refusing it would cause an even bigger buttery effect!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I wouldn’t change anything! I’m meant to be where I’m at now and my mistakes have shaped me into the person I am today. Without those mistakes, who knows where I’d be at today like if I took away those mistakes how it would change my current life.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    I would dig a hole and crawl in to stay until I was 18
  • laprimaJenny
    Options
    I wouldn’t change anything! I’m meant to be where I’m at now and my mistakes have shaped me into the person I am today. Without those mistakes, who knows where I’d be at today like if I took away those mistakes how it would change my current life.

That’s a valid point. Overall I agree with this. Although, I wish my mother spent more time in helping me to be aware of several things that are simply common sense that unfortunately I had to learn on my own.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    hard to say. if i tried to change things idk if it'd cause more problems or not.

would be nice to be able to go back and stop my ma from drinking the way she did. might've saved her in the long run.

would have spent more time with my grandma. tell her thank you more often at the least. she was a cool old lady and taught me a lot about the world and i never really listened until after the fact.

would have enjoyed those summer breaks a lot more for sure too.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I would be more confident

How would you be more confident though? Or perhaps a better question, what would you do to improve your confidence?
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options

Or "Big" with Tom Hanks which kinda creeped me out a bit.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Hmm..🤔 get into more trouble knowing the future holds..
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    cry!

I might try harder at school, learn the value of money a bit better, try out sports and defo not quit the violin
  • powerplaymsu
    powerplaymsu Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'd wish for the meteorite hit discussed in the other thread!
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Like most I’d actually try in school and actually focus on sports and fitness rather than drugs and beer -
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I'm probably over thinking this, but if I had all my current experiences and memories, but was young again and knew that I'd live to at least the age I am now...what would I do?
    I'm confusing myself!
    For one thing, I always thought I'd die young. So I'd tell 13 year old me that I have "time", don't rush and follow your dreams and explore all those ideas. Go to Australia!

Basically I guess I'd like to say I'd make better choices and not be afraid to do exactly what I want. I wouldn't waste time. And as I type this, I recognize that it's what I strive for currently, but just feel "stuck" sometimes.