What would you do if you woke up tomorrow and you were 13 years old again?

Options

Replies

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I'm probably over thinking this, but if I had all my current experiences and memories, but was young again and knew that I'd live to at least the age I am now...what would I do?
    I'm confusing myself!
    For one thing, I always thought I'd die young. So I'd tell 13 year old me that I have "time", don't rush and follow your dreams and explore all those ideas. Go to Australia!

Basically I guess I'd like to say I'd make better choices and not be afraid to do exactly what I want. I wouldn't waste time. And as I type this, I recognize that it's what I strive for currently, but just feel "stuck" sometimes.

Excellent point. ❤️
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I would change a few things here and there just to make life easier on myself...but overall not much. Being dumb at 13 seems to be a necessary part of the process.

I would learn how to do my hair earlier though. That ish was a wreck.
  • Mm2Hh7
    Mm2Hh7 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I’d get on anxiety meds instead of waiting until my 30’s. I’d be more confident and nicer to myself. I wouldn’t quit things when they got hard. I’d listen to my Mom more because it turns out she was actually right about everything!
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I’d be livid that I had to repeat high school. I was always “too nice” and it did me no favours as a teenager. So I’d first learn you can be kind while still understanding how you are to be treated. I’d work harder, and just go straight into the field I really wanted as opposed to being scared of it. I’d definitely appreciate the body I had more, and I’d stay away from drugs and parties and take it more seriously this time. If all my friends are 13 again too, I’d scrap 80% of them and focus my energy with like minded people. I’d travel more. And I’d eat better too. I’d date the nice guy since i’ve already learned my lessons with the a-holes. And I would be nicer to my parents. I’d spend more time with my brother, and really just be the person I wish I could have been then.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    I would be more confident

How would you be more confident though? Or perhaps a better question, what would you do to improve your confidence?

I wouldn’t limit myself to preconceived baises that I gave to myself or that others have deemed upon me.

I would try new things regardless of what others think of me.

I would attempt to face my fears.

I wouldn’t be afraid to embrace my femininity in the way I dress and act.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Probably the same thing I did every day when I was 13 and experiencing puberty.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I’d be livid that I had to repeat high school. I was always “too nice” and it did me no favours as a teenager. So I’d first learn you can be kind while still understanding how you are to be treated. I’d work harder, and just go straight into the field I really wanted as opposed to being scared of it. I’d definitely appreciate the body I had more, and I’d stay away from drugs and parties and take it more seriously this time. If all my friends are 13 again too, I’d scrap 80% of them and focus my energy with like minded people. I’d travel more. And I’d eat better too. I’d date the nice guy since i’ve already learned my lessons with the a-holes. And I would be nicer to my parents. I’d spend more time with my brother, and really just be the person I wish I could have been then.

This is what would kill me; repeating high school. Those years were a lot of struggle, some fun too but mostly struggle. I survived them once, and that was enough
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Having to do my teen years again sounds like torture. Did puberty once, that was enough. But maybe this time around I could actually figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up. I'd not cry over stupid backstabby friends because I know who my real friends were. Not be too afraid to take a risk and go away to university. Not get engaged at 17. Not fall into the fast food and convenience store weight-gain trap when I moved from the county into the city. Pursue fun passions like cosplay and makeup artistry while I was young and beautiful and not gaining the weight I know now how to avoid. Focus on singing more. And I'd know that depression and social anxiety are something I will have to work with all my life.

But then I'd never have met my husband or probably ever moved to Vancouver. It would be a hard trade off.
  • sorryitsyeehawhours
    sorryitsyeehawhours Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i am 13 hahajdjdjdj
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I would try less in school. Having a 4.0 throughout high school was isolating and drove me further into the perfectionist rabbit hole that has prevented me from trying anything at all that i might not do perfectly the first time.

I’d keep doing sports even though I absolutely sucked my first year, and likely would’ve continued to suck.

I’d stop assuming people were trying to make fun of me. I’d chill out. A lot. Ease up on the self-protective sarcasm.

I’d get a better part-time job. I sorely underestimated my value.

I’d realize how great it was to not date people. I’d enjoy that time, knowing there was plenty of time for that later.

I’d hang out with my parents more.

I’d eat more meat and less sugar.

I’d figure out how to laugh at myself.

I’d stop worrying about wearing name brand clothes.

I’d especially stop worrying about being associated with ‘uncool’ people because i was so desperately afraid of being considered uncool myself. I’d practice being kind. And maybe goof off in class more.

Yeah, I’d change a lot.

Oh yeah, and that one guy i tried to punch in the face but missed and hit him in the neck.. I’d probably cut that part out entirely
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I would try less in school. Having a 4.0 throughout high school was isolating and drove me further into the perfectionist rabbit hole that has prevented me from trying anything at all that i might not do perfectly the first time.

I’d keep doing sports even though I absolutely sucked my first year, and likely would’ve continued to suck.

I’d stop assuming people were trying to make fun of me. I’d chill out. A lot. Ease up on the self-protective sarcasm.

I’d realize how great it was to not date people. I’d enjoy that time, knowing there was plenty of time for that later.

I’d especially stop worrying about being associated with ‘uncool’ people because i was so desperately afraid of being considered uncool myself. I’d practice being kind. And maybe goof off in class more.

Yeah, I’d change a lot.

Oh yeah, and that one guy i tried to punch in the face but missed and hit him in the neck.. I’d probably cut that part out entirely

Nerd
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Yeah, I’d change a lot.

Sadness

I wasn’t sad at the time, just didn’t realize a lot of things yet. It’s fine
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Wait. Are we 13 back when we were actually 13 or are we suddenly 13 in 2019 and everyone we know is the same age as they are currently?
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Yeah, I’d change a lot.

Sadness

I wasn’t sad at the time, just didn’t realize a lot of things yet. It’s fine

I cried a bit

You would 😏
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    I would have been nicer.
  • sherrsuntha
    sherrsuntha Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Actually listen to those who were trying to help me lose weight. Not hold such a grudge against them.