I found a workout I love :)

I just wanted to share after my worries I realised I started exercising because I enjoy it so I went back to the beginner shred I love it so much and I’m going to increase my weights

My feet can’t seem to stand non stop cardio so now I’m focussing on doing what I can do I just wanted to share ❤️

What’s your favourite workout?

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    The best workout is the one that you enjoy to do, so it's great you found something that you love.

I workout taking classes of the martial art Krav Maga. I enjoy it and it doesn't feel like "working out", even though I get a great workout. My wife has found a gym that has jump rope fitness classes and she really loves that.

There are lots of good choices out there to fit everyone.
  • browneyedbelle92
    browneyedbelle92 Posts: 37 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »
    The best workout is the one that you enjoy to do, so it's great you found something that you love.

I workout taking classes of the martial art Krav Maga. I enjoy it and it doesn't feel like "working out", even though I get a great workout. My wife has found a gym that has jump rope fitness classes and she really loves that.

There are lots of good choices out there to fit everyone.

Definitely! I feel so much better mentally that I’m not pushing myself to the point where my feet are throbbing and if I feel I can do more I will so I’m happy after my
    workout yay
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,550 Member
    Is shred online? I'm glad you found something you love! I bike on my recumbent bike while reading and blasting music and love it. Still curious about other workouts to switch things up.
  • browneyedbelle92
    browneyedbelle92 Posts: 37 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Is shred online? I'm glad you found something you love! I bike on my recumbent bike while reading and blasting music and love it. Still curious about other workouts to switch things up.

Here you go I bought this dvd a while ago in a store but you might be able to find it online. Definitely read the reviews and see what you think. :)
  • julesburn
    julesburn Posts: 13 Member
    I started Orangetheory two days ago and I'm surprised how much I like it! I usually hate group fitness classes, something about comparing myself to others and weird pressure and just feeling like I have to push myself harder than I want to.

And while Orangetheory is group fitness, you're only comparing to yourself! Everyone wears a heart rate monitor connected to a screen at the front of the room (we all use nicknames, so no pressure there either!) and try to keep my heart rate in the fabled "orange zone" - and it's not that hard! It's easy to see how hard I'm working, and I'm no longer pushing myself to exhaustion or injury trying to keep up with the people around me, because the only thing that matters is that my name on the screen is orange.

I finally feel like I've found a workout I enjoy :) It's really motivating, and tiring, and I'm sore, but I can't wait for my endurance to improve and my body to show some results!