Why consistency matters more than accuracy (to me)

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Great post OP - consistency pays off :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Sorry - serious post ahead ;)

When some people say calorie counting is too hard - I think what they mean is calorie counting to the nth degree is too hard.
    Dont do it to the nth degree then - do it just as accurately as you need for it to work

^^ yes this!! well put @paperpudding

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Sorry - serious post ahead ;)

When some people say calorie counting is too hard - I think what they mean is calorie counting to the nth degree is too hard.
    Dont do it to the nth degree then - do it just as accurately as you need for it to work

^^ yes this!! well put @paperpudding

Yes yes yes! I lazy log most of the time, because lazy logging > not logging at all (and by this point I know fairly well what I can get away with not weighing and what I can't - looking at you, peanut butter :tongue: )
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    Hey - its bad enough getting older tacklewasher - I don't want to also get any shorter ;):D:D:)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pinuplove
    Options
    Bump

How did I not see that you've been bumping my thread? :lol: Thanks!
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Are you still, consistently, 5ft 2"? 🤣

5'2 and 11/16" and not a millimeter less!

(Yes, I know I'm mixing metric and imperial. It sounded better that way.)

Now now - take your shoes off and re-measure.

o:)
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I would absolutely agree. Being right 80% of the time shows an 80% improvement over ignorance.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have been doing similar calculations since I started on MFP some 450 days ago. I realized that I have to be more accurate with my food recordings and that I do not burn those MFP suggested calories when exercising. It's approx. half the amount and that's how I record it. With continuous weight loss (so far about 36 kg) my metabolism has also slowed down but MFP is doing its re - calculations as I go along.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »

I am a towering 5'4.5 in my heels!

I would like to nominate @RelCanonical to be the official bearer of the Short Torch going forward. Granted, most of you still won't be able to see it, but I know she'll try her best!
  • pinuplove
    Options
    I have been doing similar calculations since I started on MFP some 450 days ago. I realized that I have to be more accurate with my food recordings and that I do not burn those MFP suggested calories when exercising. It's approx. half the amount and that's how I record it. With continuous weight loss (so far about 36 kg) my metabolism has also slowed down but MFP is doing its re - calculations as I go along.

Well done on your weight loss! MFP always overestimated calorie burns for me (not by as much as 50%, but still high). MFP is adjusting down as you go because your new, smaller (yay!) body doesn't require as much fuel to move around any more. Your metabolism is probably just fine :smile:
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »

I am a towering 5'4.5 in my heels!

I would like to nominate @RelCanonical to be the official bearer of the Short Torch going forward. Granted, most of you still won't be able to see it, but I know she'll try her best!

They can pretend Link is just really short. Like, Windwaker short. People never notice when I'm wearing heels because I'm still the shortest person in the office in 4'' wedges.

For empirical information's sake, I'm 5'1''.

With or without the heels?

And I'm sure @pinuplove is 5'1" by now, cuz she's gettin old.....