Negative exercise calories won’t show

Options
Hello everyone,
I changed my goals yesterday and calories. For some reason my negative exercise calories stopped. I’ve changed to every active level and it still doesn’t show them. I put it back on Active and made sure the box to show negative calories was checked. I even reset my Fitbit charge 2. I’m not sure what’s going on but I would like the negative calories to show back. Instead it just had 0 for exercise calories until I burn about 300 and then it starts to show my exercise calories. Any suggestions as to how to get my negative calories to show again? Thanks :-)

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it? or making the changes via the website rather than the app or vice-versa.
  • longblondie2004
    longblondie2004 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    No, I haven't deleted the app but I did confirm the changes on the website. I'll delete the app and see if that changes anything.
  • longblondie2004
    longblondie2004 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just deleted and reinstalled the app--no change. I also made changes the website--still no change. Thank you for your suggestion :-)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    I just deleted and reinstalled the app--no change. I also made changes the website--still no change. Thank you for your suggestion :-)

Sorry to hear that. Maybe log a report in the Help section, there might be a bug between Fitbit & MFP.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Depending on how quickly you were expecting a change to the stats, it normally takes awhile - like when the next sync from the device happens.
    That happens when it's 100 cal higher than prior sync.

Which if you are sitting there messing with things - takes over an hour total time.
  • msbridgetteanne
    msbridgetteanne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What's your daily calorie goal? If it's 1200, negative calories won't show because you shouldn't go below that number. It only registers calories burned above and beyond that.

Same thing if your calorie goal is, for example, 1250. Until you burn enough in the day to be at 1200 calories, it won't show a negative number, at which point the lowest it will go is -50.

I hope this isn't too confusing!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,777 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Nah, there exists a problem with sync today. My last one was 10 hours ago. Mind you mine is stuck on negative instead of turning positive! :disappointed: