Down 93+ lbs and still losing 9.5 months in!

Here's an update that I hope encourages someone. Just keep at it and you WILL see results eventually! I started just CICO at 405 lbs at the end of last July. I don't purposefully work out or exercise much, but I do stay active working on hobby projects in my workshop or around the house. As of this last Monday, I've lost just over 93 lbs I'm down to 311 lbs and still going. I am smaller now than when I finished college in 2006! I have averaged about 10 lbs per month.

It hasn't been all roses and butterflies, though. I have had to redefine my relationship with food. I still eat the foods I like, just not in the absurd amounts that I used to. It has been amazing to see how simple healthy weight loss has been for me, but simple is not always easy. I have tried to stick to a hard limit of 2500 kCal/per day. There have been a few days that I have gone over, but not often. And more often than not, I sty below 2000 kCal/day. There were weeks where I didn't lose any or even gained back some. There were weeks that my body would catch up and I would lose 5-10 pounds in one week.

It has become a kind of game for me to see what foods I can eat to feel satisfied for the least calories possible. I was an avowed veggie hater before this. It was almost exclusively proteins, fruits, and starches for me, with few exceptions. I cut out all sugary drinks. I have switched to diet sodas, flavored waters, and "water enhancers". I have become a HUGE fan of shirataki noodles and riced cauliflower instead of pasta and white rice. If you are a chip addict like me, make them in the microwave for a VERY satisfying no-fat alternative to traditional chips. One potato sliced thin and microwaved until crispy with a bit of cajun seasoning is my favorite, now.

I still have my off days. I can't trust myself around an open bag of Flamin' Hot Doritos or Cheetos. They seem to just disappear when I open the bag.

If you are trying to lose the extra weight and getting discouraged, just keep at it. Like I said above: it is simple, but it is not easy.

Replies

• doxielvr13
    doxielvr13 Posts: 40 Member
    You have done an amazing job! And your attitude is great...
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Thanks for the inspiration! Massively well done in such a short time and I look forward to seeing you conquer even more!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Wow! You are amazing! That it is how it is done <3
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Thanks for sharing your journey with us! Congratulations on your successes!
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. And a job well done
  • lyons377
    lyons377 Posts: 1 Member
    Thank you! That was very helpful. I’ve been at this for about a month and have lost 12 pounds. I wish it were more but I’ll take it. I’m on 1500 calorie a day diet. And it’s ok. A bit tough but I’m getting used to it. I did fall off yesterday and had a bit of binge. But I’m back at it today and will keep going.
  • jean133mjg
    jean133mjg Posts: 133 Member
    You are doing an awesome job and an inspiration. I can't wait to see more updates in the future. I wish you all the best in your success story.
  • bobbimrn
    bobbimrn Posts: 74 Member
    Yeah! Great job! Keep posting
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!