How did you pick your goal weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• CharlieOverby
    CharlieOverby Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I take the amount that I want to weigh and multiply it by 10. This is the total daily calories that I eat. I have used calorie calculators and the answer is about the same.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I take the amount that I want to weigh and multiply it by 10. This is the total daily calories that I eat. I have used calorie calculators and the answer is about the same.

How is that working for you?
  • divamonique327
    Options
    I was comfortable at the weight I was 6 years ago which was 165 and im now 213(started at 252 in Feb), So thats pretty much how I made my decision,
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    My goal weight is 5lbs more then my lowest weight where i was a wee bit too thin (or so i've been told). 5lbs on my tiny frame makes a difference. Plus, at 125 (goal weight), i'll be able to fit into all my pre-Cali clothes that i refuse to get rid of!! I also chose not to go by the BMI because i'd only have to lose 5lbs to be in the "healthy" range, but i wouldn't be happy with how i looked, kwim?
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    My target weight is what I weighed in high school when I was doing soccer and marching band year round, so I was in good shape. I have a larger frame, so I've never been small. What I figure is that once I get near that, I'll see how I look/feel and re-evaluate :)
  • CharlieOverby
    Options
    I lost 32 lbs in 4 months. I eat what I want and just watch the calories, cholesterol, fat and sodium. That way I don't crave anything. Plus a good cold beer taste good when I get hot.
  • CharlieOverby
    Options
    I lost 32 lbs in 4 months. I eat what I want and just watch the calories, cholesterol, fat and sodium. That way I don't crave anything. Plus a good cold beer taste good when I get hot.
    Just
  • CharlieOverby
    Options

How is that working for you?
    I lost 32 lbs in 4 months. I eat what I want. That way I don't crave anything and a good cold beer taste good when I get hot . I use MFP to count calories, cholesterol, fat, etc just to make sure that I don't get into to much trouble.
  • DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I picked the high end of my BMI "healthy" range. It's a "for starters" goal. When I make it there, I'll decide if I want to drop 5 to 10 more and get solidly in the healthy range or stay there.
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    my lowest weight - as an adult - was 150 and I was comfortable there. I could shop anywhere and be happy :) that's more than what every calculator says should be my goal, but if I went to 125 I'd feel sickly thin.

no idea about the BMI... but right now I'm shooting for under 200!
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My current Goal Weight was picked because its where I was about 5 years ago. lol its funny to think I was sad about how much I weighed then. I plan on getting there and then reassessing.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be at about 22% body fat. Right now I have 128 pounds of lean muscle.

128 x .22 = 28.16 pounds of fat.

So with 128 pounds of lean mass, add 28 pounds of fat ( for 22% body fat), I would be 156.16. So my goal is 150-156.

At first I had my goal set at 145, then I realized that even at 18% body fat I would have to loose lean muscle mass to get down to 145. Definitely don't want to loose lean mass. LOL So I adjusted my goal.

My mini goal is to loose 2% body fat each month. That would have me reach my goal in about 7 months if I work really hard.

God bless!

God bless
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My goal weight has changed a few times. As of right now weighing it at 159.6 and being 5ft9inches, Im in the "healthy" range on the BMI chart. If I get lower, great if not I'm okay where I am. I will be toning after my back if healed! :)
  • CatherineMH
    CatherineMH Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I looked back to a time in my life when I felt comfortable with my body, healthy, and full of energy. I found photos from that time and liked the way I looked - - not flabby, but not hungry. I made sure that the weight was a "healthy" BMI and chose that as my goal weight.