new... sort of

Options
I have had the app on my iphone for quite some time. got it during a app frenzy! i dabbled init a few times, but now plan to marry it!
time to get ff my butt & be nice to my poor body. I am 34 have 2 teens that can take care of them selves, they are the joys of my life. I live in toronto. have an un-used gym membership:( not any longer tho!
I dont have much support in my life, my husband constantly brings home cinibuns, & mc d's. but im a big girl and can say no! I have a few work "friends" that constantly go on & off of diets & plans, but they are also bad infulences & reg ask me to go get chineese with them. I have one really good friend who loves me, but i push her away ( im tearing up as i write that) i think that i do cuz its easier to stay home & hide behind food. Its embarasing to go out and stand beside her cute butt & i feel ugly.

anyways thats the short intro for me..
Nicole

Replies

• t2cheep0
    Options
    Hi Nicole,
    I joined MFP a year ago, but just used it off and on to log my calories. I am now looking for a support group and some friends to help motivate each other, as well as get serious about logging everyday. I know what you mean about pushing friends away and "hiding" behind food. I use food as a way to deal with every single emotion. I have 2 kids, 15 and 11, I work and travel for business a lot. So I have no "normal" schedule and when I'm home, I hang out with my family since I don't see them very often. So here I am, looking for support on MFP.

Anyway, that's it for me. I'm still kind of learning this site. But if you'd like to add me as a friend, feel free! :) We can support each other.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Hello to both of you! I'm somewhat new but I have really been enjoying it here, and love the iPhone app. There's so much support on the forums and from MFP friends. I'm here for fitness rather than weight loss but both of you are welcome to look at my profile and if you'd like do a friend request. I hope to see you on the boards posting about your success soon! :flowerforyou:
  • nikilee1
    Options
    thanks! i am gonna add both of you.. I will see you soon!
  • JSings1
    JSings1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way.. it's hard when friends and family seem to be able to eat whatever they want. Congrats on coming back :)
  • HeatherMomSamMaxTom
    Options
    Hello all three of you, like yourselves I found the app for my iphone, and looking for some friends for support!!! I have friends at work that say they are on a diet or just trying to stay healthy but they just don't seem to back it up with their food choices. "No, I don't want a snickers bar even though it has no trans fat!"
    I just found the app three days ago. I have been working out seven days a week, twice a day for two weeks. I hate exercise, so to get it done I have my profile pic set by my bed, and over my home gym machine. My family all saw it and say I don't remember you being that large! It was only taken in April.
    So add me to your friends list, I loved all of your intros.
    I am a mom of two boys, 15 & 9.
    Feel good!
    Heather
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Added you, friend! :smile: