HELP! I feel stuck

Options
I started using MFP in July. Since I started, I've lost 10 pounds...YAY! But now I feel like I'm getting stuck. I started going to Zumba classes and I take short walks almost everyday. I guess the only thing left is to eat better? I've been eating a lot less, but not necessarily better. Tips? Suggestions? Motivation? Thanks for your help :)

Replies

• TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you consuming every day?

Maybe you plateaued?
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    10 pounds in a month is impressive! Way to go! It's normal (healthy) to start slowing down and losing 1-2 pounds a week..and sometimes .5 pound or none! Definitely keep up the exercise, but start taking note of how much water your'e drinking and try to add protein (eggs, turkey, fish, some Peanut butter), whole grain fiber (whole grain bread, oatmeal), try some Greek yogurt with fruit, salads...are you logging your food?
  • tammyll3
    tammyll3 Posts: 44
    Options
    Have you tried calorie cycling?
  • lizmaebar
    Options
    1230 calories, give or take. Sometimes I'm accidentally 300 calories short of that. What is calorie cycling?
  • lizmaebar
    Options
    10 pounds in a month is impressive! Way to go! It's normal (healthy) to start slowing down and losing 1-2 pounds a week..and sometimes .5 pound or none! Definitely keep up the exercise, but start taking note of how much water your'e drinking and try to add protein (eggs, turkey, fish, some Peanut butter), whole grain fiber (whole grain bread, oatmeal), try some Greek yogurt with fruit, salads...are you logging your food?
    Thanks! Yes, I'm logging my food. Some day's I eat well, but it's a lot harder than I expected to break bad eating habits.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Can you open up your diary? It's more helpful to see what you eat. I find I need to eat most of my calories earlier in the day and watch my carbs/fat in order to see a difference. Even when I am under my calories goals I need to keep carbs slightly lower or the scale does not budge. I also have to get in my green veg or again, the scale will not move.
  • lizmaebar
    Options
    Can you open up your diary? It's more helpful to see what you eat. I find I need to eat most of my calories earlier in the day and watch my carbs/fat in order to see a difference. Even when I am under my calories goals I need to keep carbs slightly lower or the scale does not budge. I also have to get in my green veg or again, the scale will not move.
    What do you mean open my diary?
  • Steel6981
    Steel6981 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    What is calorie cycling?
  • letsgetserious
    letsgetserious Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    ????? What is calorie cycling