Completely amazing vegan brownie cookies

Options
purplefizzy
purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
edited May 2019 in Recipes
v2btm2daksd8.jpg
Love minimalist baker in general.

These came out like little dark chocolate tender crumbly bombs of deliciousness. But not so crumbly that they didn’t hold together. Perfect.

https://minimalistbaker.com/fudgy-vegan-brownie-cookies/

I increased cocoa (used raw cacao) to 1/2 c, decreased coconut sugar to 1/4 c, subbed crystallized ginger for the dates, skipped the coconut oil, and increased walnuts to 1/2 c, plus more for topping. Also used a really good 100% cacao chocolate bar, chopped, instead of chips. Threw in some cacao nibs. Mixed dry ingredients including walnuts in food processor (extra walnuts added oil so that’s why I nixed the other.)

Decreased oven to 325 after burning the first batch. Used a silicone sheet instead of parchment the second go-round.

So basically I totally hacked up the recipe. Forgive me. It’s in my nature.

Replies

• TonnnnUK
    TonnnnUK Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    They look and sound delicious!! I need to try stuff like this for my snack cravings and sweet tooth!!
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Three of my favorite words 'amazing' and 'brownie' and 'cookie'...LOL! I go bonkers over a good brownie! I really want to make these soon!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Nice! I love someone who hacks a recipe. I do the same. I'll be skipping the sugar and oil, adding walnuts, and increasing the dates a bit. Num!
  • Integrity_life
    Integrity_life Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    v2btm2daksd8.jpg
    Love minimalist baker in general.

These came out like little dark chocolate tender crumbly bombs of deliciousness. But not so crumbly that they didn’t hold together. Perfect.

https://minimalistbaker.com/fudgy-vegan-brownie-cookies/

I increased cocoa (used raw cacao) to 1/2 c, decreased coconut sugar to 1/4 c, subbed crystallized ginger for the dates, skipped the coconut oil, and increased walnuts to 1/2 c, plus more for topping. Also used a really good 100% cacao chocolate bar, chopped, instead of chips. Threw in some cacao nibs. Mixed dry ingredients including walnuts in food processor (extra walnuts added oil so that’s why I nixed the other.)

Decreased oven to 325 after burning the first batch. Used a silicone sheet instead of parchment the second go-round.

So basically I totally hacked up the recipe. Forgive me. It’s in my nature.

These look great! I am vegan and use the minimalist baker for several recipes.

Not that this is the minalmist baker, but I have made these bites a few times and they are quite good! The calories can add up with the nuts in them and dates, but they are delicious for a treat!
    https://www.veganbell.com/vegan-meals/raw-cacao-energy-bites/
  • NSthingoldline
    NSthingoldline Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I made these yesterday....after my husband gave me a hard time for messing with a brownie recipe, he finally tried one and liked them. LOL

sweetsimplevegan.com/2018/10/easy-black-bean-brownies/