Has anyone here gotten loose skin surgery?

Options
Ducks47
Ducks47 Posts: 131 Member
The title pretty much sums up my question.

How did it go? Was it worth it? Was it painful? Would you do it again? Any advice?

Replies

• George8383
    George8383 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've had tummy tuck back in 2011 must say it can be addictive as I've had lipo several times. I would recommend it and would certainly have more done. It was very painful walked around hunched could not straighten back for several weeks but well worth it.
  • Ducks47
    Ducks47 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Can I ask if you can work/study during this? Thank you for your information!
    George8383 wrote: »
    I've had tummy tuck back in 2011 must say it can be addictive as I've had lipo several times. I would recommend it and would certainly have more done. It was very painful walked around hunched could not straighten back for several weeks but well worth it.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
  • George8383
    George8383 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi I had to have 5 week of work as worked in busy kitchen so health and safety didn't allow me to continue.if you have a sit down job cannot see it as problem but it's up to employer. Studying shouldn't be problem either but would discuss it with college first just to be on your safe side.
    Just to add i was bandaged and had to wear a compression garment for 6 weeks after surgery uncomfortable and itchy but thats due to healing process.
    Hope this info helps.
    I do have photos if you're condidering having it done to give you a rough idea of what it looks like after.
    Private message me if interested. Hope you don't find this offensive please accept my apologies if you do.
    George (female )
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    You may find this thread insightful.

Unfortunately, Vua21 (the woman who had the tummy tuck) is no longer active on the forums.

WARNING it is pretty graphic

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10687999/tummy-surgery-after-180-pound-weight-loss-warning-some-graphic-pics/p1

Cheers, h.