losing pounds but not inches

Options
I've lost 10 pounds so far but only a couple inches all together, is that normal? Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• lostemt76
    lostemt76 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm the other way around. I'm losing the inches but not the lbs
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    my loss seems cyclical. I lose pounds, then that slows down, and instead I lose inches...then I lose pounds again...then inches again.

Keep up the good work, it will come!
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    my loss seems cyclical. I lose pounds, then that slows down, and instead I lose inches...then I lose pounds again...then inches again.

Keep up the good work, it will come!

I am the same way, although since I'm so close to my goal now everything is slowing down down down.
  • OttawaJeannie
    Options
    Are you exercising or just dieting?
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Where all are you measuring? I thought I wasn't losing inches till my sister pointed out how much smaller my thighs and upper arms were. They weren't places I typically measured. So I got to looking around and I have lost back fat too. I haven't really lost that many inches around my waist hips or bust, but I have certainly lost them elsewhere.
  • daad13
    daad13 Posts: 68
    Options
    I'm the same exact way. I've lost around 11 pounds so far and have lost only 2 inches off my waist...I'm guessing it's normal?
    If you'd like to tone down your stomach area more I'd suggest doing the Ripped in 30 workout, it definitely tones enough to show both a difference and help you lose pounds!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10 pounds so far but only a couple inches all together, is that normal? Does anyone else have this problem?

Weight loss happens all over your body, so unless you're measuring a number of areas, you won't likely see measurements go down as much as your weight (especially if you're not doing strength exercises and toning). Just give it time and keep it up, as long as either set of numbers are moving (and you're feeling better, and you clothes fit differently), then you're on the right track!
  • missbuterfly
    Options
    I started april 2010 240 lbs in a size 20. In the next February I had lost 80 lbs and was in a size 10. Now in August Ive lost 25 more lbs and dropped to a 2-4. It took 16 months the whole time Id lose alot of lbs no inches then Id lose inches no lbs. Just keep eating right exercise and it will happen. Cardio and weights are the key to losing inches. Ive lost 6 ft 4 in. in just my chest waist abs and butt. Its all been totally worth it!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I am the same way, although since I'm so close to my goal now everything is slowing down down down.

I have 14 pounds to go...it has definitely been slowing down down down...
  • jtcleveland
    Options
    Are you exercising or just dieting?

I am doing both, I do a lot of strength training and cardio too, so maybe it's just my body building muscle and losing fat?
  • jtcleveland
    Options
    Where all are you measuring? I thought I wasn't losing inches till my sister pointed out how much smaller my thighs and upper arms were. They weren't places I typically measured. So I got to looking around and I have lost back fat too. I haven't really lost that many inches around my waist hips or bust, but I have certainly lost them elsewhere.

I'm measuring waist, hips, and neck. So yeah I guess I will start measuring other areas too then, that'll probably help!