Looking for some tips

livehealthyj
livehealthyj Posts: 2 Member
Hey what's going on y'all?! I've been on this app for almost two weeks now and looking at the foods I eat I'm noticing a lot of carbs. What are some good tips or tricks to cut them down? I obviously like carb foods so eliminating them all together truly isn't going to happen. What are some alternatives? Like a banana has a bunch of carbs, I never knew that and I love them for snacks and breakfast.
Thanks for any help!

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    is there a particular reason you want to cut them? I don't monitor my carbs, carbs are not bad.

but i'd look at it more as ensuring i get enough protein and fat and hit my calorie goals and leave it at that. but if i hit my protein goals then i don't care about the other marcros.
  • livehealthyj
    livehealthyj Posts: 2 Member
    Within the app I've just noticed I eat a lot of them. I'm short on my protein. Maybe I should ask for protein tips aside from bats and shakes. I eat turkey and chicken and jerky the bats and shakes but I still seem to fall short and my carbs seem to be high. Fats, meh, the are a bit high but nothing like the carbs.
  • tasnim1357
    tasnim1357 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey! I happen to have the same issue as I’m looking at macros I never knew how much sugar and carbs are in foods. I have been told though carbs from fruits are way better than obtaining them from actual breads/starches. I guess spreading out how much you eat and portion controlling will help you if you want to lose weight. But also wondering if you found any alternatives?