New so advice needed

Options
weightjo76
weightjo76 Posts: 10 Member
Hi....I'm new to this to try and lose some weight....Are you literally eating whatever you want but sticking to the calories and sticking within you daily allowance? Is it really as simple as that?

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,320 Member
    Options
    Yes.. it's that simple. Good luck and be patient. Weigh the food is a must to be successful.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Yep, it really is as simple as that. Log accurately, measure portions until you learn what a proper portion size looks like. You may find certain foods make it easier to stay within your calorie goal, but eat whatever you like.
  • weightjo76
    Options
    So crisps chocolate all that stuff and do you have to balance out healthy eating as well?
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    @weightjo76 I wouldn’t “eat whatever I want” think that’s the reason why we are all here to make healthier choices and be accountable of what we put in our bodies. I stick with whole foods and limit processed foods....add me if you wish, if not all the best!
  • weightjo76
    Options
    Thank you
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want, that’s doesn’t mean chocolate and crisps 24/7.

Generally, I would say I eat 80% “healthy” and 20% treats, staying within my calorie target.
  • weightjo76
    Options
    I feel I have a balanced diet and try to cook from scratch with everything and avoid processed food. I do also have treats. Some days Ive noticed i dont eat enough others too much. I suppose it's getting that balance and trying to lose the weight rather than maintaining week in week out.
  • weightjo76
    Options
    The older you get the harder it is to shift!
  • ashxtasticness
    ashxtasticness Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My best friend does it that way and it works for her wonderfully. I can't do it like that because if I eat one slice of pizza, I'm gonna eat three. I have to stick to healthier choices and it usually allows me to eat more and feel fuller. Everyone does it in their own way, it depends on what you can do and if losing weight is your ultimate goal or if you are trying to actually be healthier.