New Here....Could Use Some Support and Friends :)

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Sarah and I am 22 years old. I am chronically sick with an illness called Fibromyalgia. This makes exercise very hard but I am working on it! I was on a medication called Lyrica for about 2 years and it made me double in size. I am trying hard now to lose that weight! It is a long journey, and I could use all the help and support you all can give! :)

Replies

• jumperchick
    Options
    hey ! im new here and also 22yo. good luck with your weight loss goals =]
  • Cara2Me
    Cara2Me Posts: 60
    Options
    Awww, good for you to start this. I am here for you as support and I wish you all the best. I would be happy to friend you, if you wish.
  • SarahBear9708
    Options
    Thank you very much!
  • trappersdelight
    Options
    My mom has this I know how you feel...Well I dot exactly know but I see my moms pain all the time.Nice to meet you.Im here for support.
  • SarahBear9708
    Options
    Awww thank you so much! That means a lot to me! I will send you a friend request! :)
  • SarahBear9708
    Options
    My mom has this I know how you feel...Well I dot exactly know but I see my moms pain all the time.Nice to meet you.Im here for support.

Thank you! I appreciate your understanding and support!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    feel free to add :)

I'm 22 too! 23 in a couple weeks (happy birthday to meeee)

good luck!!!
  • sf08003
    sf08003 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi Sarah-.

Welcome!

Although I would give anything to be 22 again, I can't go back; the rules won't let me! Suffice to say, at 52, I'm at peace with it! Although I too, have Fibromyalgia, like you I try to hold my head up and be positive. I'm gong to add you as a friend. Please feel free to write me anytime you want to chat.

In friendship and support,
    Shayna
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I have a brother-in-law with fibro. My heart goes out to you.

As for support and encouragement...you've found the right place for that. But it mostly is up to you. You made the decision. You have the desire. Now just hang on to it and you've got this!! Be patient and persistent.

We all have pain. While yours is worse than most, it is also better than some. Count your blessings. Perservere on your bad days. Rock the hell out of your good days. And most of all, welcome to MFP. Glad you could join us!
  • beataadach
    Options
    Oooops i pressed the wrong button instead of reply, i pressed report...sorry about that and i hope this does not cause you any alarm. regardless, i am here to wish you luck and give you all the support i can since i used to work in the health field and am very aware of your condition. if you want healthy food advice or suggestions on low impact workouts i have that as well, ...you can do it....great job on the 2 pounds
  • SarahBear9708
    Options
    Happy early birthday! And thank you! :)
  • SarahBear9708
    Options
    Hi Sarah-.

Welcome!

Although I would give anything to be 22 again, I can't go back; the rules won't let me! Suffice to say, at 52, I'm at peace with it! Although I too, have Fibromyalgia, like you I try to hold my head up and be positive. I'm gong to add you as a friend. Please feel free to write me anytime you want to chat.

In friendship and support,
    Shayna

Hehehe silly rules! I'm sorry you have Fibromyalgia as well, but like I said to another member, it's an inspiration to know that others have Fibro and have been doing this. It's super helpful! I'm trying to be positive as well! And I'm excited to have you as a friend!
  • SarahBear9708
    Options
    I have a brother-in-law with fibro. My heart goes out to you.

As for support and encouragement...you've found the right place for that. But it mostly is up to you. You made the decision. You have the desire. Now just hang on to it and you've got this!! Be patient and persistent.

We all have pain. While yours is worse than most, it is also better than some. Count your blessings. Perservere on your bad days. Rock the hell out of your good days. And most of all, welcome to MFP. Glad you could join us!

Thank you so much for your help and support! You are absolutely right, and I am trying my best to do this!
  • SarahBear9708
    Options
    Oooops i pressed the wrong button instead of reply, i pressed report...sorry about that and i hope this does not cause you any alarm. regardless, i am here to wish you luck and give you all the support i can since i used to work in the health field and am very aware of your condition. if you want healthy food advice or suggestions on low impact workouts i have that as well, ...you can do it....great job on the 2 pounds

Thank you very much! I appreciate the support and inspiration! And I would love the advice!
  • SmartAlex999
    Options
    Hey Sarah! I am new here too and i have received so much support so it's my turn to pass it on to another lovely newcomer! I am 19 and I have severe Fibromyalgia just like you so you are most certainly not alone! There are days where my younger brother has to carry me to bed while im in tears from the pain (thank god he's strong) and then some days i'm able to move around with less pain. Whatever your level of severity, Fibromyalgia is a tough thing to live with since it doesnt have many options for treatment. I just want you to know you are not alone. I know that pain, I know the weight gain from meds, I know how hard it is to do this without support so i hope you find support and comfort here! It has done wonders for my self esteem! Best wishes and message me if you ever feel alone and wanna talk :]
  • sfphill
    sfphill Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi Sarah!

I'm a Sara also...and know what you mean with exercise. While I do not have a diagnosis as yours, I do have a back injury and a neck injury that leaves me in tears if I do too much, or do something wrong. I'd love to be friends and help support you! I need the extra push often!

Take care, and just a good thing about MFP.....there are a lot of supportive people out there! It's also been the best weight loss tool I have ever used! I am at a 22 pound loss.....which is much much much more than I had ever been able to lose before!

:flowerforyou:

Sara
  • SarahBear9708
    Options
    Hey Sarah! I am new here too and i have received so much support so it's my turn to pass it on to another lovely newcomer! I am 19 and I have severe Fibromyalgia just like you so you are most certainly not alone! There are days where my younger brother has to carry me to bed while im in tears from the pain (thank god he's strong) and then some days i'm able to move around with less pain. Whatever your level of severity, Fibromyalgia is a tough thing to live with since it doesnt have many options for treatment. I just want you to know you are not alone. I know that pain, I know the weight gain from meds, I know how hard it is to do this without support so i hope you find support and comfort here! It has done wonders for my self esteem! Best wishes and message me if you ever feel alone and wanna talk :]

Awww thank you! I really appreciate the help and support, it means so much to me! I'm sorry you have Fibro, but it's so reassuring to know others with this illness have been able to do this! Fibro can be very frustrating, and I agree with what you say about all of it! I wish there was a cure, but in the meantime, we just have to do what we can, and support each other!
  • SarahBear9708
    Options
    Hi Sarah!

I'm a Sara also...and know what you mean with exercise. While I do not have a diagnosis as yours, I do have a back injury and a neck injury that leaves me in tears if I do too much, or do something wrong. I'd love to be friends and help support you! I need the extra push often!

Take care, and just a good thing about MFP.....there are a lot of supportive people out there! It's also been the best weight loss tool I have ever used! I am at a 22 pound loss.....which is much much much more than I had ever been able to lose before!

:flowerforyou:

Sara

I'm sorry that you have chronic pain as well! Chronic pain is no fun at all! And I'd love to be friends....we can help and support each other! I'm loving MFP so far.....I am already meeting some wonderful people! :)
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm also 22. My Mom has that as well. Good for you for working out. I know how hard that can be. You can add me if you'd like. :)
  • SmartAlex999
    Options
    exactly! <3