Atkins Success Stories?

Options
erikalouise7
erikalouise7 Posts: 13 Member
I just recently started the Atkins diet after not believing in it for the longest time. I thought the diet was dumb, unhealthy, and consisted mainly of only eating meat and cheese. However about 3 months ago my dad started the Atkins diet... so far he’s lost over 60 pounds.. he says he feels better than he’s felt in over 20 years, and I’ve never seen him eat so many vegetables. He has salads, broccoli, cauliflower.. etc.

Long story short, my opinion on the Atkins has changed, I’m a week and two days into this diet and actually enjoying it so far.

What are some of your success stories?
Feel free to add me if your on the diet too, I could use some Atkins/Keto friends lol

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have tried Atkins a couple of times sometimes last century. Lost a lot of weight but it is what it is - a "diet". Within a very short time I stopped it I was gaining weight - rapidly. Sadly I missed out on the understanding of portion control, of living a healthier life style and a little bit of exercise once in a while. MFP and its supportive members are helping me enormously to lose my extra weight with a healthier approach and a meal plan I can follow very long term.
  • erikalouise7
    erikalouise7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    One of the main reasons that I am interested in Atkins is because of the way it stops the intense cravings and hunger pains.. so far I would say that’s true and it’s made losing weight a bit easier.. the less options the better for me because I sometimes lack self control. Would you say that if you had jumped into the “lifestyle change” you’ve made now right after the Atkins.. do you still think you would have gained a ton of weight back? Or do you think it could have been a smooth transition under the right eating plans
  • TheOldBallCoach43420
    TheOldBallCoach43420 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feeling pretty good here after 2 weeks of doing the Atkins 20, and I am sitting at 14 lbs lost, and my wife is down 7. I’m still at 381, but I feel amazing and on top of the number on the scale, have lost inches!!!

Everyone stay strong! If I can do it, so can you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!