Is there anything to rid your body of sugar

Options
I’m not going to lie or sugar coat but I thought I needed to change due to health
I’m on day 3 and I’m going crazy
I need a sugar fix chocolate anything
Is there anything to help curb that or rid my body of sugar
Suggestions

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    What do you mean "rid my body of sugar"?

Re the desire for something sweet, if you don't feel like you can moderate yet, there's always fruit.

There's also nothing wrong with a small amount of chocolate within your calories.

If it's more chocolate that you want than a sweet taste, than how about dark chocolate, with less sugar, some people find that easier to moderate (just check the sugar content and remember the calories will be as high) or that unsweetened brewing chocolate (this is made like coffee, so low cal, I really like it).

Or if you want to try fake sugar, look up some keto dessert recipes for lower sugar options (but again likely to be as high in calories).
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Lily's makes good sugar free chocolate...
    https://lilys.com/
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Please realize, we like chocolate.
    Also realize, we need glucose.
    Also realize, we make enough glucose even in the absence of carbohydrates from sugar, fruits, vegetables, grains, or chocolate in our diet.

It's amazing, isn't it? The endorphin-provoking calories we intensely desire are simply not needed. Damned brains.

To rid your body of stored glucose, stop or substantially reduce your intake of sugar from all sources for several days, or engage in a prolonged bout of cardiovascular exercise each of a few days.
    If you actually do that, be sure that you eat a lot more salt during that process.

This does nothing to eliminate your desire for chocolate.
    I know.

The good news, though, is that you can stay in a calorie deficit, lose weight, and have a tiny bit of chocolate anyway. Use this fabulous site's tools to precisely track your needs and intakes to satisfy all your wants.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    First 3 days are the hardest.
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    There are no magic answers, but I find when I crave sugar, drinking water helps. It helps rid the body of waste. It also helps fill you up. Doesn’t take the place of sugar but it is satisfying just knowing the body is being cleansed. Good luck.
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hello OP - are you going no/low sugar or no/low carb ? I've dropped one or both before and currently I am keeping added sugar under 30g per day and total net carbs at 100g.

I am not going to tell you what to eat but perhaps encourage you undersand what it is you want to feel right now - for example me, it took me a while to work out that when I was jonseing for somthing I was usually after comfort. There are lots of things that give me comfort so I would pick something else and try that.

The first few days are awful but it does drop off - light cardio like a brisk walk can help in lots of different ways and drinking water like there is no tomorrow can also help (perhaps try with slices of lemon if plain old water is not you thing).

There is also lots of advice here on what to do and what not to do - but you must find whats right for you right now. Its your life and your body and you do not need to explain yourself to anyone.

Any new habit takes a while to establish - but please be kind to yourself. You will struggle to find anyone here who hasnt had tough days or lost the plot and had to restart or who has changed their approach.

Good luck !
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Have you been diagnosed with a medical condition that means you need to reduce your sugar or do you think that you need to reduce sugar to lose weight?

If the first then you need to discuss your diet with your doctor/Registered Dietician

If the second then just incorporate some sweet treats into your calorie deficit. You don't have to give up sugar completely to lose weight.

I have a lot of sugary treats and have still lost over 35 pounds. :)