What’s your diet like?

Options
vivigotu
vivigotu Posts: 2 Member
Hiii everyone, I would just like to know what works for you, tips? Recipes? Or your diet plan.

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,574 Member
    Options
    I am a Keto'er (mainly for reversing my type II diabetes) and IF(fasting 16:8)
  • she_surfs2
    she_surfs2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Smoothie for breakfast, salad with grilled chicken for lunch, balanced meal w protein carb and veg for dinner.
    Guilty at night of snacking on popcorn (airpopped) and having a small sweet. I agree with prior post that going with no wine makes you crave sweets for awhile... doing that myself! Lol
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I ate pretty much whatever I wanted and prioritized foods I found filling, protein and fiber. Moderately higher carb. Did 16:8 for awhile but didn't stick with it. Steadily increased my steps. Lost 20 lbs and have been maintaining for a couple of years. :smile:
  • Naturally_Monica
    Naturally_Monica Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever. As long as I am within my calorie goal I don’t stress it. I’ve tried eating “fresh” and “unprocessed” but I don’t like it. I think there’s so many people who tell us what is right and what is wrong to eat, but the body will lose weight no matter what you eat as long as you are in a deficit.

To answer your question, I personally eat a lot of eggs, chicken, bacon, ground turkey, fish. But if I feel like a Big Mac or a taco from Taco Bell I will eat it. Lol.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Lots of whole foods...pizza most Friday nights.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I am a whole foods, plant-based eater. Yesterday:
    B - blueberry, spinach and flax smoothie; coffee
    L - steamed mustard greens with black beans, onions and spices; mixed salad with steamed zucchini, raw grape tomatoes, pickled onions, and herbs; apple slices
    S - apple slices & walnuts
    D - salad (massaged kale, romaine lettuce, red bell pepper, onions); homemade green dressing (cashew milk, cilantro, tomatillo, vinegar, spices); steamed mushrooms with spices; mixed salad with steamed zucchini, raw grape tomatoes, pickled onions, and herbs; corn on the cob; apple slices
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I eat whatever foods I like in smaller portions than I’d like. I eat what others might consider “junk food”. I eat what can be considered “healthy food”. I cook at home. I eat out at restaurants. I overindulge occasionally on special occasions. I skip breakfast most days of the week but don’t have any hard rules about meal spacing or timing and just go by how I feel in that moment. I usually don’t drink my calories, opting instead for water or unsweetened tea and the occasional diet soda. I allow myself to have sweet “treats” a few times a week. I don’t eat at work when I work graveyard shift. I work out fasted because I hate the feeling of food sloshing around in my belly when I exercise. I have quite a sizable post-workout meal, usually fast food. I try to stay away from most foods high in oxalate because I’ve passed a kidney stone before and it’s not fun at all. I only drink alcohol in social settings, probably less than a dozen times a year. I drink a lot of water. I eat vegetables. I eat meat. I eat dairy but have to take lactose pills because I’m lactose intolerant. I’ve never liked seafood or shellfish so I don’t eat those. I eat “natural” whole foods. I eat heavily processed foods. I often go for lesser calorie foods for snacks because I know I’m a snacker. If I get bored or watch TV, I tend to snack so I limit my TV time and try to stay busy. I don’t weigh my food because over the years I’ve gotten good at eyeballing portions but I do own a food scale and will use it if I feel I need to. I lost 43 lbs and have maintained a healthy weight for almost 6 years now so I guess this “strategy” is working for me. I have no intentions of changing my way of eating at this moment in time.
  • lanadee
    lanadee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    being OLD..(68) :) I have to watch everything I eat..I have a very slow metabolism...and I have to because I didn't watch what I was eating for a very long time and have a bunch to lose. The ONLY diet that works for me is low carb. I have tried them all and Low carb is the only one that I can stick to without being hungry or craving sugar.
    While I love sugar and carbs..the do NOT love me. I lost 60 lbs doing low carb about 5 years ago. I plan to do it again.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    mainly home made fresh foods, but I'll eat the pizza and the burger and the chips and the cake too. Sometimes I need to eat less of all of the above, because unfortunately in my older age I can no longer eat as much as I used to. Seems like i look at food and I get fat. SIGH.

However, that being said, low carb doesn't work for me (I get starving hungry). So a balanced macros generally works best for me. I increase or decrease the carbs based on overall total calories I need to consume for loss or bulking.
  • andISeeMyFitness
    andISeeMyFitness Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    A 5:2 IF. My off-day diet is mostly pretty plain and consists of plain rice and chicken with some cottage cheese. Some days I switch the chicken for a fish (usually salmon), ground beef or tofu. The rice is usually always there. For some, my dishes seem really boring and not tasty at all and I can see why. For me, they are mostly functional.

Fasting day food consists mostly just from oats, eggs, and chicken.
  • vivigotu
    vivigotu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It won’t hurt to add some flavor. My diets were very boring and decided to switch it up a little.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I mainly eat the same things I did before, only less of them.

I did make some modifications. If I found something didn't keep me full, or wasn't worth the delicious points (calories), I subbed in something better or more satiating.
  • zylkm4
    zylkm4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat pescetarian for the last two years, former vegan for 6.5 years. I include fish in diet about 1-2x per week, otherwise about 3 eggs per week on average, moderate dairy (mostly plain Greek yogurt, very occasional cheese) and lots and lots of plants. I used to think my macros were something like 15/20/65 protein/fat/carbs, but since logging my food I am surprised that it's closer to 17/35/48 protein/fat/carbs. I do tend to include a lot of nuts/seeds in diet, some coconut and avocado and a little olive oil. I really would like my carbs a little higher as I do a lot of dance/ballet and need more readily available energy. So that's a new goal.
  • Devil_Dawg
    Devil_Dawg Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I drink alot of water and have a Cliff Bar fir breakfast and Smoothies normally for lunch. Now for dinner I will try and eat a sensible full meal which consists of rice, salad and possibly a Morning Star or Gardenia plant based meat. Oh yeah I also drink about two cups of Bustello Coffee per day, which is my favorite type of coffee. I would like to know what your and other folks diet and exercise regiment look like as well.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Some days I have a low carb 'keto' style intake. Some days, not.
    On the keto days it's a lot of eggs, cheese, and sausage, with tiny amounts of leafy greens and mixed vegetables to keep my carbs below 5% of daily intake. On not-keto days my intake is all over the place.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,000 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I stay away from as much junk as I can (because of temptation to go back to binge eating, PLUS I feel so much better eating healthier choices!) I have totally or at least 99% eliminated fast food, sugary drinks, alcohol , high starch veggies, sugars , white flour...etc.. I eat Lean proteins, veggies, fruits , nuts and drink lots of water. went from 280 last april to 217.8 as of today. feel like a million bucks with around 37 lbs to go for my goal. I don't really believe in the KETO or CARNIVORE or any other very restrictive diet because they all are non-sustainable long term for most. Just eat balanced diet and exercise. It's not rocket science.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I eat a pescatarian diet which is plant based with seafood, eggs and some dairy.

I recently had bloodwork which my GP and my endocrinologist were thrilled with. I've gotten off of insulin and stayed off it. I feel better overall and even my anxiety and depression symptoms have lessened.