Getting a bit fed up

Options
Hi all

First week lost 4 pounds last week stayed the same. This week the same stayed the same.

On 1200 at day. Counting everything often under 1200.

Replies

• kellyswimmer
    kellyswimmer Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I have about 2 stone to loss. Eating very heathly. Lots of fruit and veg. Stopped sweet things. Only been trying for three weeks. Great first week but lost to weeks no weight loss.
  • mstarks01
    mstarks01 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This is common. Please don't despair. Just keep going and the weight will eventually come off.
  • ilovekiwis
    ilovekiwis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That 4lbs was probably part water weight (from changing how many carbs you eat, as mentioned above.) Not to worry, carry on and you will lose weight. It's a slow process. 1200 calories should be an absolute minimum, unless you are working with a doctor's supervision. Eating too little can also make it more difficult to lose weight, ironically- it also causes you to feel poorly.
  • kellyswimmer
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Thank you for your replies. The 1200 was what i got when i entered current weight and target weight. I do feel slimmer. I do like to have a glass of wine at night so maybe stop this and eat more. Not had periods for years stopped at 41.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Thank you for your replies. The 1200 was what i got when i entered current weight and target weight. I do feel slimmer. I do like to have a glass of wine at night so maybe stop this and eat more. Not had periods for years stopped at 41.

what rate of lose did you select?

and yes I find that while i can fit in wine, i prefer to eat 140 calories of food instead. especially if you say you eat under 1200 (which isn't good) - that means only about 1000 calories in food besides the wine, so you are going to be even have trouble hitting appropriate nutrition needs that way.
  • kellyswimmer
    Options
    Thank you all
  • kellyswimmer
    Options
    Cannot believe i still weigh the same. Weight is just not moving on the scales.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Cannot believe i still weigh the same. Weight is just not moving on the scales.

And are you using a food scale to weigh all solids, including vegetables? Remembering to count cooking oils and sauces? Using good database entries, not other people’s ‘generic’ or ‘home made’?
  • rbruisedbear
    rbruisedbear Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am having same problem. 11 1/2 to goal weight. I am taking in 1200 calories and not losing weight. Very frustrating. Not excercising, but normally walk between 3,000 and 5,000 steps my daily activity. I weigh my protein and use measuring cups for other foods. I check all barcode foods to make sure they agree with packaging because sometimes they don’t match. The calories or fat are different. Then I enter the calories and fat for the correct amount. I may start a fast or do 3 days of protein shakes to break my plateau. 3 days of shakes 3 days off to see if it helps.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    It can take 2 weeks sometimes for me to see a scale loss. Patience, grasshopper. Weight loss is not linear.
  • rarecandy89
    rarecandy89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Also, if you don’t have a scale, use your measuring cups and spoons for EVERYTHING! I use those for every bite..... I don’t have a scale, but I just measure everything