Making Panini/Sandwiches on George Forman Grill?!

Options
sc1572
sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
I am a second year college student who loves eating healthy! I have a George Forman grill and normally only make chicken on it, but would like to try a panini or sandwich this week. :) My questions are...

1) What is the best type of bread to use? Is a plain loaf of bread ok? It's cheap for me,and I'd use wheat.
2) What is the best kind of deli meat, cheese, and veggies to buy?

Some of my ideas were...
Turkey, swiss/provolone, bell peppers
Turkey, swiss, lettuce
Roast beef, provolone, bell peppers

Ideas? I normally pair my dinners with a bowl of carrots or edamame, water, and a Smart Ones sundae. :) Thanks!

Replies

• GrandmaBabs
    Options
    Your ideas for the filling sound GREAT!! I personally would use rye bread but any will do. Enjoy!
  • Sagelit
    Sagelit Posts: 78
    Options
    We make toasted sammiches all the time on our Foreman, and they are super-excellent! One thing to keep in mind, if yours is anything like ours, ours seems to heat more on the bottom. So I put cheese side of sammich on bottom, and then turn it about 2/3 of way through cook time to cook evenly.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I've made wraps on the foreman before and they turned out real well. We used the large, thin kind similar to a spinach wrap.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i do breakfast sandwiches! a nice alternative to cereal in the morning. Fry an egg, put it on toast, throw some cheese on there, and melt it in the foreman!
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    BUMP! :)
  • cheesesandwich
    cheesesandwich Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I used to do this all the time in my dorm - if you use a regular soft loaf of bread, it helps to toast the slices a little before you put them on the grill!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    The George Forman works great for panini sandwiches!

Turkey, avocado, spinach, bacon, provolone- is my favorite! Sometimes add pesto.