Keto diet

Options
Someone with a keto diet has been successful for 55 years?
I do not know English well ,i am sorry.

Replies

• amayk
    amayk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have been mixing keto and low carb for 9 years, keto in periods, low carb in periodes. I am 50 years now, lost 140 pounds.
  • olgaiaurum8727
    olgaiaurum8727 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for encouragement.I started a 2 -week diet and I had big expectations
  • cc19530
    cc19530 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know about your low carb lifestyle... I am 66 yrs old on Levothyroxine for low thyroid function and just recently started Keto , no sugar except using Pyure sugar substitute and no grains, using fats like avocado , olive, coconut oils, butter... weight pretty much the same ... hard to do 3/1 ratio ... veg/ protein... any advice / meal type, would be great... having tummy issues but have maintained 😁
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Recently, I donated blood. My donation was in two separate bags. One bag held my donated plasma. The other bag held my donated red cells.
    On that day, I had been at or below 5% carbs for 8 consecutive days. My plasma was a bright yellow color. The workers at the donation center remarked that most people's plasma is cloudy.

Most keto people cannot directly detect the cleanliness of their blood, but it is real.

This information suggests a profound misunderstanding of blood chemistry.

OP, if you find higher fat foods more filling or satisfying, and high carb foods to be less filling or easy to overeat, keto or low carb can be a great strategy. But 2 weeks is not long enough to judge success or failure! You need to think long range and be patient :smile:

^^^ This
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I was describing what happened. It did happen that way.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I was describing what happened. It did happen that way.

No one is questioning that it happened. Just that it didn't happen for the reason you ascribe it to. :)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    So someone claims that keto blood is cleaner than other blood and those questioning that get called trolls.

Hmm.