Starting over...

Options
I joined MyFitnessPal once before back in 2016 when I was 350 pounds. I ate healthy, worked out 5 times a week and managed to lose 111 pounds. I was 239 pounds, the lowest weight I'd ever been in a long time. I remember stepping on the scale and seeing that number and being so proud. I did this, I thought, all by myself. Then something unexpected happened.

My boyfriend cheated on me.

I was okay for a while, still trying to cope with the break up in a healthy way. I tried to eat relatively healthy, forced myself to work out even though all I wanted to do was stay in bed, and for a while I genuinely thought I would be alright. That I would be okay and everything would work out in the end. Then I had one slice of pizza, and that was all it took. A year later and I am now 285 pounds. My daily routine is eat, sleep, repeat. Everything I was so proud of has come undone and all of my hard work is ruined. I wake up every morning hating myself and wishing I was someone else... I've managed to muster up enough will power to maintain my current weight and so far have maintained it successfully for the past 6 months. But I am finally ready to take the next step and start over...

I have no friends, no family, and no support group, and I believe that is the reason why I failed. Before I did everything by myself for someone else. This time I'm going to do everything for myself with the help of others.

Highest Weight: 350 lbs
Lowest Weight: 239 lbs
Current Weight: 285 lbs
Goal Weight: 130 lbs
Height: 5'4"

Let's do this.

Replies

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Best wishes on this journey. It is really important that you are doing this for yourself. You might want to check out one of the longer running challenges for support. Two I would recommend are The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (focus is on process) and Fat2Fit which is a team-based challenge. Both are very supportive and have been going on long enough that they are not likely to disappear (as can happen with "friends"). In both cases there are not so many people that you would feel lost.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    While you have gained some back, you have still maintained for 6 months-and that is an accomplishment! Also, your current weight is still 65 pounds less than where you started. You should be proud of that and use it as your foundation. We have to do this for ourselves, no matter how many people are around us.
  • ashxtasticness
    ashxtasticness Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You fell off the wagon a bit and for good reason. Stress and depression after something like that are hard to overcome. Stay strong, focus on your goal and the fact that you are less than where you started and you don't want to get back there. Best of luck to you!
  • getfitgrl1993
    getfitgrl1993 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your kind words! It's definitely a learning process! This time I plan on doing things the right way! ❤️ :)
  • NOTurAVG5717
    NOTurAVG5717 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You’ve achieved a great weight loss before and I have no question you can do it again. Just focus on small steps and then the bigger numbers will come. Best of luck on your journey.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Everyone here has got your back. We're all cheering you on.
  • Rosie3579
    Rosie3579 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling of waking up wishing I were someone else. But I’m not. I’m here because I am making the decision every day to love myself and do the best I can for myself even though it can sometimes be so hard. Be gentle with yourself. You deserve your own forgiveness and self-care. You deserve to have hope that you can become a better, stronger, happier version of yourself. One day at a time - you got this!
  • Happily_Chaotic
    Happily_Chaotic Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You are stronger than you think! I'm going to send you a friend request shortly :)
  • amberrea82
    amberrea82 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just returned to mfp as well. I lost my dad last year and needed to simplify things as much as possible and start over. Feel free to add me.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Two I would recommend are The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (focus is on process)

I definitely recommend this group as well. It has kept me faithful to logging and exercising every single day! Here's the link: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/132306-ultimate-accountability-challenge-may-2019. June's challenge will be starting soon.
  • jenniferleighbeatty83
    Options
    I started listening to the Half Size Me podcast and thought you might also really enjoy it - Heather interviews a lot of people that have similar stories!